malware-d

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
One of the sites I run got hit with a malware warning from google two weeks ago and between myself and the other dude who runs the site (poplicks.com) we can't seem to clean it.One idea I had would be to move the domain name to a new server, reinstall the site at the most basic level and try to get it back up that way. However, this still presumes that the malware issue isn't embedded at the most root level and right now we can't seem to figure out what the hell is going on. We've downloaded all the file, scrubbed them with an anti-virus program but that found nothing. We've hand-searched for individual scripts but so far, that hasn't found anything suspicious. Any suggestions on what else we can try?

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Hey manny

Funnily enough I got hit by the same thing at EarFuzz a few weeks ago, still not quite sure how they got in but resulted in a stressful day sorting it out.

Looking at your diagnostics report it appears that you've got a similar warning to me (threat but no distribution).

After lots of searching through the ftp I found a mammoth load of suspiciously named pages stored in one of my archive directories (think it was Jan 09) plus a load of fake monthly archive pages as well. I deleted these from the server, resubmitted it to Google for testing, and it was cleared up within the day/

Hope that helps.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    These f??ckers got DanceCrasher recently as well.

They're close to becoming as annoying as those god dam spammers.