BIG L - 5/20 TRIBUTE MIX

40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
It's been ten years since the rap game lost Big L. On Saturday, May 30th (which would have been his 35th birthday), I dropped an online mix to remind people why he was one of the illest. Shouts to Lord Finesse, DJ Premier, Rich King & the brother of Big L for their assistance and allowing the project to happen.[/b]http://www.zshare.net/audio/60739968c4845d20/Tracklisting1. Intro (Part 1) feat. Lord Finesse2. Intro (Part 2) feat. Funkmaster Flex & Nas3. Principle Of The New School (Freestyle) 4. Yes You May Remix feat. Lord Finesse5. DJ Premier Interlude6. MVP (Live From Amsterdam) 7. Ebonics8. Internationally Known feat. OC 9. Hit It (unreleased) 10. I Shoulda Worn A Rubba aka The Clinic (unreleased)11. American Dream feat. McGruff, Mase, Cam'ron & Bloodshed12. Sandman 118th (Freestyle) 13. Games Females Play (unreleased) 14. School Dayz (unreleased) 15. The Devil's Son (Live From Amsterdam) 16 .Times Is Hard On The Blvd (unreleased)17. Day One feat. Diamond 18. Interlude feat. Fat Joe 19. The Enemy feat. Fat Joe 20. Street Struck 21. Interlude feat. Bobbito22. 95 Freestyle feat. Jay-Z 23. Uptown Connection aka Danger Zone feat. Mase & McGruff24. Lord Finesse Interlude 25. How Will I Make It (unreleased) [/b]

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    one of the illest flows ever
    nice tribute project, thanks for sharing

• young_creamyoung_cream 540 Posts
    FFUCK yea!!! thx

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    nice thanks!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    btw is it cool if i post this on another site?

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    cheers for posting. Was fiening for some Big L flows.....

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Not to hijack the mix, bit just to add some Big L love...

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
    Yes... U can repost.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    This is great.

This is great.

Thank u sir. I stopped by the store a few weeks ago to say whats up and u weren't there.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I love how this mix was put together. not just the blends and the selection but to take the time out and get ppl who knew and loved Big L to speak. Very well done and other 'tribute' mixes should take this one as an example of how it should be done.

I love Fat Joes anecdote.... "imma take all your fans!"....

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    This is great.

Thank u sir. I stopped by the store a few weeks ago to say whats up and u weren't there.

ah, yeah I have been clocking less store hours but hopefully Tom was there. Or else it was one of those patented record-store-hours opening a lil late...

This is great.

ah, yeah I have been clocking less store hours but hopefully Tom was there. Or else it was one of those patented record-store-hours opening a lil late...

Nah. It was open. Some dude was working. Maybe it was Tom. lol

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Great mix man. Big L was always my favorite rapper of that era and style. You really nailed it with the track selection and the flow of the mix was really well thought out. Great job... i hadn't heard a number of those jams. And yea... that Fat Joe anecdote was really a great addition.

thanks

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Loved this, nice mix of the familiar and stuff I'd never heard before. Made me miss Big L badly though. Cheers for posting.

• dmadma 36 Posts
    duuuuuuude, this mix is the shit, bravo.

Thanks.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Thank you.