Allen Toussaint question.....

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
At some stage I've owned a 45 by Naomi Neville, a brass led instrumental thing similar to what the Stokes sound like. I can't remember the titles or label but remember a white colored label, I might have sold it a few years ago or just put in storage somewhere (in any case it's not listed in my collection now & I can't find it with a quick flip through the usual haunts for mis-filed 45s). I tried googling it but can't find it listed in Toussaint discographys. Does anyone know the 45 I mean & can give me some more info so I might be able to find it in storage or just buy another copy? Thanks.

Comments

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    At some stage I've owned a 45 by Naomi Neville, a brass led instrumental thing similar to what the Stokes sound like. I can't remember the titles or label but remember a white colored label, I might have sold it a few years ago or just put in storage somewhere (in any case it's not listed in my collection now & I can't find it with a quick flip through the usual haunts for mis-filed 45s). I tried googling it but can't find it listed in Toussaint discographys. Does anyone know the 45 I mean & can give me some more info so I might be able to find it in storage or just buy another copy? Thanks.

I've never heard of that and would be VERY interested in seeing it. Toussaint wrote under that pseudonym countless times but I've never heard of him recording under the name.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

I've never heard of that and would be VERY interested in seeing it. Toussaint wrote under that pseudonym countless times but I've never heard of him recording under the name.
    I had a pretty good look for it last night & still can't find it. I'm afraid I may have onsold it, or loaned it to someone a few years ago. I can't find another copy online either. I need to stop leaving boxes of records with people to look after when I move to a different city. It definitely exists though. I just didn't think it was anything much when I had it, but now that I've been buying a bunch of New Orleans stuff over the last couple of years I wanted to revisit it & went to the shelf to get it out & it had vanished..... Talk about frustrating.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    ...and that Black Samson title theme has ever been issued on 45 ? ?