Willie Nelson Is a Tax Evader

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
At my radio station we have to play a minimum of one PSA every 2 hours. We have at least 40 or 50 of them, and one is Willie Nelson for NORML. It starts out with a recording of him singing "On the Road Again," and his voice comes over it saying, "Hi, this is Willie Nelson - you know, each year over 6 million Americans are arrested on marijuana possesion charges - this is a tremendous waste of our government resources, and incredibly unfair to the families and loved ones of those arrested - please contact NORML at blah blah blah, and tell 'em Willie sent ya!"It does rule, and I play it all the time - but so does everybody else...it gets played out, while Stephanie Powers for bladder control help and Betty White for "Seniors: beware of mail fraud" lanquish on the carts, unheard and unappreciated.

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

while Stephanie Powers for bladder control help and Betty White for "Seniors: beware of mail fraud" lanquish on the carts, unheard and unappreciated.

"That ain't right"

• Ted Nugent wishes he was Willie.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I need to hear this.

I bet Willie Was high when he recorded it too. Dude is sooooo hip hop.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I need to hear this.

I bet Willie Was high when he recorded it too. Dude is sooooo hip hop.

Ok, here it is from the last time I played it...somehow my memory transformed "nearly 700,000" into "over 6 million" when I wrote about it, but hey, I'm a responsible smoker, too!

Tell 'em Willie Sent Ya

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    That PSA might be Willie only recent good carreer choice.

As has been noted he just recorded a "reggae" lp.
    But instead of recording it in JA with a reggae producer,
    he recorded it with Don Was and his own band.

Then this:

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    "man, i remember when a dime bag cost a dime!"

and

"know how much condoms cost back then?"

"how much?"

"i don't know, we never used 'em!"