Any strutter buy a Three Wolf Moon shirt yet?

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Just wondering how it's worked out for you so far?

Comments

• undocumentundocument 70 Posts

Despite it being some kind of pseudo-meme, I don't get the increasing number of people that still buy this particularly ugly Wal-Mart trash apparel in enough numbers that it makes news.

I get the joke, but how long to do wear this shit before the joke becomes you?

Obviously:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Messed up is it's the #1 in Apparel sales on Amazon.

While many of the reviews suck. A good portion of them are pretty damn funny.

7,720 of 7,786 people found the following review helpful:
    5.0 out of 5 stars Dual Function Design, November 10, 2008

This item has wolves on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 5 stars by itself, but once I tried it on, that's when the magic happened. After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the wolves on my shirt that I, like a wolf, am a mysterious loner who knows how to 'howl at the moon' from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called mehth. I told them no, because they didn't have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a wolf-shirt shouldn't settle for the first thing that comes to him.

I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing tube socks, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt.

Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women
    Cons: Only 3 wolves (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark.

• I forget the company that makes all of those style tees (i'm sure this is a copycat company trying to cash in)..but are dudes still really wearing these tees (i'm talking about dudes that aren't Nascar fans, shop at Wal-Mart and drink Bud Light....more of the hipster city types)?

There's a lady at one of my local flea markets that sells nothing but metal shirts and these style tees (damn, what the hell is the name of that company)...is it time to start buying and flipping Native American inspired/nature scene/etc tees on Ebay (a la vintage band shirts)?

• ignastyignasty 163 Posts
    seriously...people just realized these shirts were funny?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    man, I did a thread about these types of t-shirts like 3 years ago on the strut. Somebody should find that shit. it will prove that i'm a trendsetter (as if that really needs to be proved).

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Yeah, I posted this in part from remembering that thread.

In fact, I'm now starting to think, YOU might have something to do with this whole thing taking off in the first place.

Dizzy - 1
    Internet - 0

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    We are lost, adrift downstream and too distracted by trivialities to hear the roar of the approaching waterfall.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    i prefer the single wolf version.

peace, stein. . .