I've Seen the Light!!!

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
I've realized that I love music and not records. I'm about to start making dvd catalogs of all my LPs at 48/24 and never look back. good bye records.has anyone else made the jump and regretted it?

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!![/b]

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I suggest you talk to NateBizzo as he is in the market for MEGAHEAT.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

The music is secondary to the object. If ever this graemlin ever rang true it is now.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Start liquidating all of the tepid funk terds first just in case you change your mind mid liquidation. Then on to horn rock, etc.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

The music is secondary to the object. If ever this graemlin ever rang true it is now.

Holla at ya boy, Tom!!! I'd be glad to take those vinyls off your hands. I have a huge music room dedicated to storing rackords!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I did that a long time ago... now i pretty much am left with the cream of the crop, but it just sits there.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Big Stacks & NateBizzo vs TEH JAPANESE

Big bank take little bank.

GO!

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    That sounds like "the light" you see during a near death experience.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I did that a long time ago... now i pretty much am left with the cream of the crop, but it just sits there.

This is how I feel about my CD collection at the moment.

My records and I are still cool with each other though.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    sell everything at wfmu sasha style like we were talking about.
    multiple video cameras bracketed around the table taking in the elbows, pushes, and nerd sweat.

straight youtube comedy.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    sell everything at wfmu sasha style like we were talking about.
    multiple video cameras bracketed around the table taking in the elbows, pushes, and nerd sweat.

straight youtube comedy.

i don't know if i can go through that again, dude. seriously disturbing shit happening there.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Big Stacks & NateBizzo vs TEH JAPANESE

Big bank take little bank.

GO!
    landom lap $$$

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

That's where I am now, too. Feels good.

That's where I am now, too. Feels good.

Agreed. You don't need anything more than a 4x4 Expedit.

Tom let me know what you're doing with the "megaheat".

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Delay, either you have been out in the sun too much or you seriously need a vacation.
    Think about this.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

The music is secondary to the object.

I'm SO making a t-shirt of this quote.

The music is secondary to the object.

I'm SO making a t-shirt of this quote.

Reynaldo has been rubbing off on me.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    pause

tom we should juts get a fifth and handle this

tings a gwan

nate is a lo-baller!!!!!1

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    you do alright at paul's?

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I have been going through this for the past 8 years now and the funny thing about it, no matter what..I'm still stuck with records and no matter how much I get rid of them, they some how...end up back in my lap.

I'm not complaining, but at the same time..It's a no win situation and at the same time..it's a win-win thing too.

I dunno..I just got a grip of jazz/soul records for free yesterday(a couple I just posted in the sales area)..I'll post it in weekday finds in a few.

Anyways, all I'm trying to say is good luck and I agree with Nate..a 4 X 4 is all you really need or better yet, those 2 x 4 are perfect.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    what is the non cream part tom? what are you ok with kissing goodbye? i would need a lot of help doing that, and making that distinction. and being reminded that it's not my lot in life to be an archivist and keep everything i love, and unfortunately i love everything. i haven't ever had a time in my life when a 4x4 expedit was a reality but that would be really emancipating and yet scary.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i let go of some really heavy things the other day to a couple Japanese dealers, and watching those records (which just sit there) turn liquid, was amazing. Part of the criteria for selling was that i had .AIFF recording of everything they bought. Just thinking of what i could get for my collection made me realize I could probably put a down payment on a house with the earnings. As long as I'm getting market value for this stuff, it's time to let it go.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    i let go of some really heavy things the other day to a couple Japanese dealers, and watching those records (which just sit there) turn liquid, was amazing. Part of the criteria for selling was that i had .AIFF recording of everything they bought. Just thinking of what i could get for my collection made me realize I could probably put a down payment on a house with the earnings. As long as I'm getting market value for this stuff, it's time to let it go.

My collection and subsequent record dealing allowed my wife to stay home and raise the kids and paid for their college educations.

My only question would be is now the best time to sell them....seems like things are 20%-30% down from a year ago....will they go back up or is now the time to sell?

Tough question.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I'm almost decided on doing this in order to pay off my student loans. At least with the valuable stuff. I'll probably keep anything I can't get $20+ for and sit on copies of records that are cheap now but could see being big in the future.

I'm with you 100% on the 24/48 archiving...gonna spend a good chunk of my summer doing this and backing up to two external hard drives and DVDs.

I love records, but man, I just can't justify it with 10 Gs of student loans in my face and about the same $$$ in records.

I wish used records never became valuable. This all would be so much easier if it weren't a money thing.