Googling without frontiers (blog here/finds rel)

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
this kind of 'blog here' material btw, albeit specific, but it's "finds" related and that's why i am asking.....who else is doing this and what are you finding? i have been doing some research recently which has caused me to be on google a ton. this is not unusual i know, but personally i am generally very strict w myself about time spent on the internet. but i sometimes i google and wikipedia like i am searching for water in a desert, getting lost until I've read the entire internet. usually its an image search that leads to record and lyric searches that lead blog searches for music downloads that lead to absurd word searches for things like "how much longer til no more Kid Rock" but those bore quickly. more often than not I go on a Wikipedia tear and let the links take me to places I've never been so I can learn things that are 25% inaccurate. this can go on for hours.anyway i know this is kind of bloggish but whatever, i am just curious what you are finding so i will share 2 interesting things i have found just this morning:this bbc program about this kid called "Addicted to Yorkshire Puddings", it's so strange, it's part of a series about odd food addictions where someone eats one thing to the exclusion of all else. at one point he frantically tries to eat something other than yorkshire pudding and gags and screams, 'as eet gawt any bits innit?' and there is another part in which he tries to understand what a grape is.and this incredible cover of this little hit song which is going on a ladies on stage mix as soon as i can find a real world copy on vinyl:(now giving myself a break and getting off the internet and going to ride my bike to a bbq )

Comments

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    "how much longer til no more Kid Rock"

And I will when that day arrives.

Well I googled that new Soderbergh movie with Sasha Grey in her first mainstream role. The reviews are middle of the road but it sounds cool so I think I will try to see it this week.
    And I am also googling a lot for a projector too, to find one I can plug into a laptop with, that is above 2000 lumens. Still haven't found the right one for the right price though.

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts

and this incredible cover of this little hit song which is going on a ladies on stage mix as soon as i can find a real world copy on vinyl:

(now giving myself a break and getting off the internet and going to ride my bike to a bbq )

do you really like that cover ? i have dropped that a few times at parties, i used to think it was good... then realized it was just novelty and that wore off...got rid of it.

so feeling the joe gibbs related covers, those are still friends of mine.