US Open of Competitive Eating* (Dedicated to Shig)

coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I just went to get some take-out and saw this on ESPN...Those Nihons (from the land of the rising acid reflux) sure know how to get down!

*Sponsored by Alka Seltzer

Comments

• what were they eating? i'm so down with all IFOCE-related activities.
    i saw the Nathan's hot dog eating championship on ESPN recently and that shit was incredibly entertaining.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Is that ESPN 8 "the Ocho".

They had some thing on TV the other night about these guys in training. Pretty funny.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Those Nihons

fake Nihonjin!

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    what were they eating? i'm so down with all IFOCE-related activities.
    i saw the Nathan's hot dog eating championship on ESPN recently and that shit was incredibly entertaining.

Well, I think they had to do several courses, but I watched that Kobayashi dude put down two pounds of Italian salad (iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onions, etc.) in 5 minutes. In addition to dominating the Nathan's hot dog contest the past few years, he's also set records in Krystals and cow brains.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I think that woman, "The Black Widow," is totally bulimic, by the way.

• Krystals

that reminds me...

at my old job in st louis, one of my larger coworker friends, aaron, started talking about his previous job where people would challenge him to white castle eating contests and he would stomp everyone every time.

so my other friend joe (aka bitch ass darius / kenny kingston / cougar shuttle), who is blessed with incredible eating skills and a kobayashi-like stature, overheard the conversation and accepted his challenge. joe is a guy who has eaten 2 large gyros + my leftovers + asked about dessert afterwards just to give you an idea.

the challenge was set and one friday our entire web development department made a trip to white castle to watch this thing go down. joe and aaron sat down, each with a sizeable pile of burgers before them, and starting to eat, remaining roughly tied throughout the whole "meal."

after about one hour, they were each on 30 burgers apiece and called it a draw.

we returned to work, where joe slept on top of his desk for the remainder of the day, unable to interact or complete any job-related tasks. aaron, on the other hand, got on the phone to tell the story to all his buddies and looked as if he had just had a normal lunch.

amazing.