Dick's speech on super interrogation

Ex-BoyfriendEx-Boyfriend 795 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
A brilliant performance that tore the ass out of Obama's limp little speechHere is a link for those precious few of you who bother to engage with opposing points of view: link Plus peep this new talking point I came up with: It has been reported that one of those terrorist dudes was waterboarded 183 times in a month. If you were to eat 183 T-bone steaks in a month you would die. Ergo, since getting waterboarded is evidently far less strenuous than eating a T-bone steak, how much sense does it make to classify it as torture?

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Dolo: still loves dick after all these years.

• ^this thread isnt intended for frivolos people like u. Find somehwere else to be corny.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    How are these steaks to be prepared?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Plus peep this new talking point I came up with: It has been reported that one of those terrorist dudes was waterboarded 183 times in a month. If you were to eat 183 T-bone steaks in a month you would die. Ergo, since getting waterboarded is evidently far less strenuous than eating a T-bone steak, how much sense does it make to classify it as torture?

So I take it you've managed 182 steaks?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Someone buy Dolo a steak

please

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I would like to see how well you faired when someone forcealby shoves a steak down your throat

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Someone forcefeed Dolo one hundred and eighty three steaks

Please

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    A May 2004 CIA Inspector General report and investigation found that not only did some of the techniques used violate the law but that the torture didn't lead to any valuable information.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Brooks' column on this is a good one.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    A brilliant performance that tore the ass out of Obama's limp little speech

Cheney's a dumb motherfucker just like you. Why you're back up in here - aside from the likelihood that you're just more high school level interwebs theatrics brought on by an alias - I have no idea. It's tiresome.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    the cheney family media tour has nothing to do with principle and everything to do with trying to save his ass from prosecution. they're scared and they should be.

that said, cheney is super smart. evil, but smart. this is his pre-emptive attack. now he sits back and hopes the usa is attacked so that he can be vindicated.

here is the problem with his whole argument dolo: it is a classic example of a "post hoc ergo propter hoc" logical fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc

and as someone said in another thread, if you're so rah-rah war and torture, why not just join the military? or is that only for the poor suckers?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I don't think Dolo will fall for any of your 'legal mumbo jumbo' if he's willing to argue in defense of torture. And don't try fooling him with 'common sense' or 'logic' either: Dick has spoken.

BTW- I think we all now know who was really running the show in the "Bush" Administration

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I think the President scheduled his speech on the same day as Cheney's (Cheney's was scheduled first) in order to distract small minded partisans like funky16corners from the real issue, which is that Obama has adopted the entire Bush antiterrorism program with only minor changes. By getting his most ardent koolaid drinkers all frothy at the mouth over Cheney, he was able to just about break every campaign promise he made pertaining to the "Bush War on Terror." In essence you liberal chumps elected a president who is not going to come through for you on anything. No end to the war, no closing Gitmo, no end to dont ask dont tell, no end to secret tribunals. All you are going to get for its is 15% unemployment, inflation out the ass this summer, and a tax burden you'll be paying for the rest of your life to support the same old Great Society welfare programs that the Democrats have been pushing, despite the fact that they have all failed, for the past 50 years.

that's funny because the largest social program passed since the great society was bush's prescription drug program which has no means of funding included in it. Republicans - cut taxes and keep on spending!

• I don't think Dolo will fall for any of your 'legal mumbo jumbo' if he's willing to argue in defense of torture. And don't try fooling him with 'common sense' or 'logic' either: Dick has spoken.

I've demonstrated numerous times that my knowledge of the law is far in excess of the Obamabots here. Please tell me what law Cheney has broken? (note: to say that the techniques are torture it is the legal definition of torture which is relevant and not your own personal and completely tard definition. Ie: your argument has to be more than 'but rachel maddow said it is torture yo!")

• I noted a problem with that article: it didn't feature a single "omission or misstatement" from cheney

I don't think Dolo will fall for any of your 'legal mumbo jumbo' if he's willing to argue in defense of torture. And don't try fooling him with 'common sense' or 'logic' either: Dick has spoken.

I've demonstrated numerous times that my knowledge of the law is far in excess of the Obamabots here. Please tell me what law Cheney has broken? (note: to say that the techniques are torture it is the legal definition of torture which is relevant and not your own personal and completely tard definition. Ie: your argument has to be more than 'but rachel maddow said it is torture yo!")

ok, i am now completely convinced that dolo is some "alias" or satirical character (a la stephen colbert or tony clifton). no real person could be that glib, foolish and delusional.

I don't know why I bother but

Title 18 of the United States Code, Part I, Chapter 113C, ?? 2340:

???[T]orture??? means an act committed by a person acting under the color of law specifically intended to inflict severe physical or mental pain or suffering (other than pain or suffering incidental to lawful sanctions) upon another person within his custody or physical control"

UN charter on torture which the us is a signatory to

???[T]he term "torture" means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity.???

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Guys, really:

Do not feed the trolls.

it only encourages them.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

• Options
    LOL...

Phucking brilliant.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Guys, really:

Do not feed the trolls.

it only encourages them.

How about someone perma-ban this douchewad, or at least have the good taste to unmask the alias so we can be done with performance art and move on?

• dayday 9,611 Posts