Trus'me id

henriquehenrique 10 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
first of all, hi everyone I'm henrique from portugal. recently i've stepped into this track by Trus'me which I'm sure it is some edit of an old hip-hop gem. my memory is not helping me and I recall listening to this on my hip-hop days, so please give it a try.thanks anyway.the track is 'browns'

Comments

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    trus'me is my homie, it's not an edit of hip hop's g dep or biggie, he just used the same sample....the sample is tom browne.

• henriquehenrique 10 Posts
    now I remember it from the premier compilation, but curiously I was thinking about biggie at first too, what's the track you're talkin RAW_HAMBURGUER?

thank you Skip Drinkwater for the track and RAW_HAMBURGUER on the explanation, please tell Trus'me he has a young fan here

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Same Trus'me that does the Workin' Nights joint? That's the shit.

yup

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I saw Trusme Dj a few weeks ago. Lots of really nice deep house...very fun!

He's much younger (looking) than I expected.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

yup

just went back to listen to this again - so good. except that, ugh, this is fookin killin me now. what's the sample on "at the disco". i know takethatshit etc..., i'm just too lazy right now to go look through all my disco shit to find it.

• just went back to listen to this again - so good. except that, ugh, this is fookin killin me now. what's the sample on "at the disco". i know takethatshit etc..., i'm just too lazy right now to go look through all my disco shit to find it.

McNeal & Niles. I'm assuming you're not talking about Roundtree from the Rockers soundclip.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

just went back to listen to this again - so good. except that, ugh, this is fookin killin me now. what's the sample on "at the disco". i know takethatshit etc..., i'm just too lazy right now to go look through all my disco shit to find it.

McNeal & Niles. I'm assuming you're not talking about Roundtree from the Rockers soundclip.

f*ck. thanks.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    It's quite a strong LP, but this is my fav by quite a way.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    +1 in the Trus'me fan club. Dude got some slinky disco-house jams.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    That G-Dep song is ill. Anyone have a copy that they don't want?
    Trus' Me is cool played the hell out of his album when it dropped. He always reminded me of a more awkward version of KDJ though.

i think he bridges hip hop , house, and disco together for the most part.
    that lp is cool, my jams the one where he flips the rhyhtm makers.
    we started doing some tracks together....but living in the usa and him in the states is tough.
    peep his stuff with amp fiddler... oh man.

• Options

that lp is cool, my jams the one where he flips the rhyhtm makers.

I will have to check out the track done with Amp Fiddler--that sounds like a dope combo.