Transferring Software (New Computer Related)

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
I haven't bought a new computer in years, and have since bought a decent amount of software for the one I currently own. Will buying a new computer mean having to purchase the same software over again, or is there a way around it? I'm mainly worried about Logic and my Native Instruments software and the serial numbers possibly not registering on the computer I plan to get. Sorry if this is an easy one, but I couldn't find any info regarding it on google or the software company websites...

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    If you got the original discs there shouldn't be any problem.

- spidey

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I'm assuming you're using a Mac. What kind of computer are going to and from? If you had a lot of software that only ran on PPC you might have to get Intel upgrades. Also, depending on the software version, it might not run on whatever version of OSX your computer comes with.

• I'm assuming you're using a Mac. What kind of computer are going to and from? If you had a lot of software that only ran on PPC you might have to get Intel upgrades. Also, depending on the software version, it might not run on whatever version of OSX your computer comes with.
    It's going from a Mac to a Mac. They should be fine as far as compatibility and I have all the original discs, but I'm worried about the possibility of serial numbers on each program that might not allow it to be installed on more than one computer.