US Airmail

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,787 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Does it really cost 14.99 for standard airmail from the US to Europe?Seem like a pain to buy a cheap record and pay three times the cost just for shipping, and I only ask as I just sent a Recorded Delivery to Japan for less.Thanks.

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    depends on where to + rates just went up
    yesterday i paid
    $11-$12 for a single record, then there is the mailer, flats, tape, gas to the p.o. & time
    (i charge $13-$14 now, last week would have been $1 less)

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    $[/b]15 ??

For 1 Lp?

If yes, then it sounds about right, maybe a little high. You could ask the seller to charge you exact shipping, but it will only be a matter of a few $s.

• a dude over in the US posted me a double LP, it cost him $15.25 to ship for just the postage, nevermind packaging etc, i dont think the USPS is regulated as the royal mail is here when it comes to pricing, my understanding is that they can charge pretty much what they want.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    a dude over in the US posted me a double LP, it cost him $15.25 to ship for just the postage, nevermind packaging etc, i dont think the USPS is regulated as the royal mail is here when it comes to pricing, my understanding is that they can charge pretty much what they want.

it is all standard off the usps computer

there is no "Europe" rate, it is all by country (no eu for usps)

+ the rates went up this week

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I like thinking about the paypal fees I just paid on a $8 item with $14 shipping - cheers me up

damn near doesn't make any sense to do business on a margin like that

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I looked at an item on the bay last night

$25 shipping from US to UK for one LP

Game over for buying from teh States methinks

• Game over for buying from teh States methinks
    especially with the weak GBP, i used to be able to get new uk pressed albums for cheaper including delivery from the states when ??1=$2, those were the days....