Skip Pitts update

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
I just want to thank all the folks that sent PMs asking what they could do to help Mr. Pitts. I apologize for not getting back to everyone. You will be happy to hear that the local response to his situation was great enough in order for him to receive the medical care he needed. In fact I will be DJing with him tomorrow! He recovered and his back playing his guitar. In fact I believe tomorrow night will be his first gig back since his illness! Again thanks to all of you who expressed concern and wanted to help.

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    show was great, although during his illness, he fell and broke his foot...he had to play the wah with his left foot, but still sounded great...they even did some "Tough Guys" stuff. The highlight was when John Gary Williams brought up all the other Mad Lads and they did "(dont haveta) shop around"...so an impromtu Mad Lads reunion was mighty nice to see.

pre-Isley's Skip, supporting Wilson Pickett...he is the guitar player in the foreground/close up for about 70% of this video

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Great news man, that gig sounds amazing, an impromtu Mad Lads reunion... Damn.

an impromtu Mad Lads reunion... Damn.

some discussion after the show produced some preliminary plans to do a full fledged Mad Lads show here in Memphis. Ill keep you posted NZ.

Skip and the Bo keys just released 2 new tracks with Harvey Scales:

http://digital.waxpoetics.com/search/release.php?RELEASE_ID=15266

I love the pic on the "cover" as it was taken when Harvey played our Christmas party a couple years back...