BLACKOUT 2

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
kopped

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It's out?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My local video/phone/latin-R&B-CD store had it today.

• Options
    Any good?

Any good?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Nothing groundbreaking, but quality raps.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    wow quality? im just surprised. dont think ive heard a good verse from either of them in a long time. i am terribly disconnected of course so dont hate on me too much.

wow quality? im just surprised. dont think ive heard a good verse from either of them in a long time. i am terribly disconnected of course so dont hate on me too much.

dude

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I heard Ayo last night and was underwhelmed - which side of the 7 rating does that fall on?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Has there been any verse from them in a long time? I haven't been following them so I'm mad disconnected. Red put that joint out like two years ago. Has him or Meth done much since then?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Wu Ooh has Meth on it...

Red can still rhyme his ass off, and Meth steps up when they're together.

The beats on this album are overall average, but the lyrics are good.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Has there been any verse from them in a long time? I haven't been following them so I'm mad disconnected. Red put that joint out like two years ago. Has him or Meth done much since then?

Meth has smoked a lot of weed since! This story is too crazy......

From the New York Daily News:

Despite recent reports that the rapper is so broke that his 2008 Lincoln Navigator was repossessed to pay back taxes, Method Man ??? insists his cash flow is just fine. In fact, he says, his penchant for marijuana is to blame for the mishap.

Citing the Wu Tang member for being $52,503 in arrears on his personal income taxes, the state Department of Taxation showed up at the Staten Island native???s home at 6 a.m. March 19 with ???four NYPD cops and the repo team,??? Meth told us. ???I knew why they were there. It wasn???t like ???Oh my God! Noo!! Don???t take it!??? like it is on that TV show [Operation Repo]. I was half-dressed, and it was so early that I just said, ???Okay, you???re taking the truck. ... Aight.??????

The back story, according to the rapper, is simple.

???Myself, I???m a pothead,??? he said on the set of a video shoot for his new album, Blackout 2, with Redman. ???It???s no secret. Everyone knows that. I go on the road and forget everything else. Sure, [the tax department] sent letters to my house saying, ???We need this money.??? They started sending them in 2002.

Here it is, 2009, and I never paid this s??? because I don???t think like that!???

???I could have easily just written them a check for whatever amount, but no ??? I waited until they knocked on this door and were like, ???We got your truck and we outta here,??? ??? he laughed.

???Now I???m thinking we???ve gotta get our truck back, which means I have to get all my paperwork together,??? the rapper continued. ???That means days of going through mail, ???cause I got mail like woah.

"I???ve found checks from 2005 that have never been opened yet. And we???re talking a significant amount of money! But I never opened [the tax department???s] letters ... so this is how the tax man came to Meth???s house and took his truck. Not because I was broke! I got plenty of money!???

When we referenced the famous Afroman song ???Because I Got High,??? Method Man just laughed.

???Exactly!??? he said. ???Because I got high, I forgot to pay. It was stupid. I???m an idiot for that.???

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    "I got mail like woah"

now i would have said that meth is better on his own. i havent been a fan of meth since his first lp. maybe hes just too high for me... even though i too am a pot head. good he has fans though. i liked him in the Wire.

now i would have said that meth is better on his own. i havent been a fan of meth since his first lp. maybe hes just too high for me... even though i too am a pot head. good he has fans though. i liked him in the Wire.

Have you heard the 2 previous Meth solo albums?

yes. i ripped his second album up in an article i did about it. i figured the third was just as shitty lyrically. so no i didnt hear the third one. anything good?

he had some decent lyrics on the how high lp and red/meth first project but for me that was the last i really paid any attention. (stopped listeing to the WU a long time ago).

like i said... i like his acting.

like i said... i like his acting.

U serious?

look if you love him and red thats great. like i wrote im glad he has fans. i just think he lost a lot of that swagger that he once had and his lyrics have fallen off... for me in MY opinion. maybe if i hear the new album ill think its good.

so yes im serious. thanks for asking!

so yes im serious. thanks for asking!

ur welcome

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    That show may have been even worse than Three-6 Mafia's.

okay ive changed my mind... meth cannot act and red is even worse. that was the worst 7min of my life... i couldnt even go the full ten. what a terrible show. is this off the air? i hope so... awful.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Have you heard the 2 previous Meth solo albums?

Has anyone?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Method Man's turn as "Cheese" Wagstaffe in the Wire was Oscar-worthy.