Rock The Bells

33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
edited July 2005 in Announcements
Wanted to make sure LA folls know this is going on this weekend... Line up is ridiculous. PLus we will have a booth there selling vinyl and other things. Swing through the booth if you are going to be there. we will be having a Guru and Murs signing after their respective sets.Official Rock The Bells Site

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    fuck...still comtemplating on whether i will go or not.

Nas and Cuban Linx....those are heavyweights right there.

• fuck...still comtemplating on whether i will go or not.

nas is no good live, so i'd say base your decision on rae + ghost.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Yo, skraight up and down? Rae is one of the worst live acts I've ever had the displeasure to witness. Couldn't even remember his own lines. Plus, he came out wearing one of those towels with the hole in the middle (a la Mike Tyson). Shit looked like a thirsty poncho.

i didn't go. but i did coincidentally see Mystic perform at a bar in LA. She was dope.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Cuban Linx... aren't they referring to the rapper who was down with Big Pun and allegedly got his face slashed open by Fat Joe's henchmen?

Cuban Linx... aren't they referring to the rapper who was down with Big Pun and allegedly got his face slashed open by Fat Joe's henchmen?

In this case it was Raekwon and Ghostface. ehh, go figure.

• oh yeah there was that other rapper called cuban linx.
    weren't raekwon and ghost supposed to be called R.A.G.U?

• Options

Currently incarcerated on Rikers Island.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Nas killed it. The sound there sucked though, it was hot as hell and they were charging $3 apiece for water... Nothing like a 12hour hip-hiop show in the desert in the middle of summer. Overall though the crowd was cool, a good mix of all types. Guru did a signing at the booth and was cool as hell - he signed posters/stickers/vinyl for almost 2 hours and didn't want to stop. Met some good peoples. Overall a long but good day.

• I'm officially old/over the hill [/b]

The SF show was promoted heavily, but even at 40 bucks a ticket (which is pretty cheap for Ghost, Guru, Busta Rhymes, Raekwon etc) I had no desire to go whatsoever.

Maybe if this shit happend 5 years ago I would of gone, but now I'm like " "

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm officially old/over the hill [/b]

The SF show was promoted heavily, but even at 40 bucks a ticket (which is pretty cheap for Ghost, Guru, Busta Rhymes, Raekwon etc) I had no desire to go whatsoever.

Maybe if this shit happend 5 years ago I would of gone, but now I'm like " "

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I agree if it weren't for the fact we had a booth I probably would have passed. Too hot, too far to drive, and these days I gotta be careful with my days "off"... nah mean? I am glad I did go though, being behind a computer so much ya kind of lose touch with whats really going on sometimes...

On the flip side though I did see a pretty decent jazz band here in LA tonight, so that was a definite plus to close out the weekend.