Middle of nowhere Texas.....$0.50 each.

Comments

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    damn.

many, many damns.

how is that clark sisters? i only have 'sincerely'

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

how is that clark sisters? i only have 'sincerely'

Pretty average to my ears although the uptempo track "He Keeps Me Company" is cool.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Nice finds, Rock

Copped this just for the cover alone. When I discovered it had the wrong record inside I wasn't mad. The one inside was by Joey Lopez y Los Guadalupanos and has a semi-tepid latin funk instrumental called "A Nice Feeling". Any Texas folks know this group and if they have any other good shit?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    sick cover.

I bought a record today:

Jorge Ben collection near-complete...just need Flamengo and I'll have all the ones that I'm interested in.

• Copped this just for the cover alone.

+1, so good!

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Went to 3 Oklah*ma flea markets and kinda straight murdered shit. One of these in particular damn near gave me a heart attack when I spotted it a 1 dollar crate mixed in with a bunch of Johnny Mathis and Andy Williams LPs.

Nice C.....that Mersey Men is an Okie classic.....what does the Fable label 45 sound like?.... obviously the same Austin label. And what the hell is that Trojans LP??

Nice C.....that Mersey Men is an Okie classic.....what does the Fable label 45 sound like?.... obviously the same Austin label. And what the hell is that Trojans LP??

Fable is horn rock with funky moments but more rocky than anything.

Trojans and the one next to it are both Douglas HS LPs... has a gnarly "If you think I'm Sexy" cover...

Trojans and the one next to it are both Douglas HS LPs... has a gnarly "If you think I'm Sexy" cover...

Congrats....sick finds.

I'm taking a buying trip up north next month ....was thinking about skipping Oklahoma.....you just sealed the deal.

Congrats....sick finds.

I'm taking a buying trip up north next month ....was thinking about skipping Oklahoma.....you just sealed the deal.

Yeah... second time I've been there in 2 months too.

Ha, I just saw you pulled that "I Still Exist" LP. How you feel about that one?

Ha, I just saw you pulled that "I Still Exist" LP. How you feel about that one?

I wish it didn't exist.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    over the weekend and last few days but just now got time to process the piles..

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    From the past couple days, everything cheap...
    That Huntsinger is a long time want, I recently almost pulled the trigger on ebay, in the wild is so much more rewarding.

Found some dudes collection of clean Hawkwind, Bo Hansson, and Blue Oyster Cult LPs at the thrift for $.49 each and couldn't resist.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I wish the 2 best tracks off that Don Randi LP were on 45. I like Jerry Lee Lewis' "What'd I Say", reminds me I need to upgrade that sucker.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    just one, and it's not very good

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    just one, and it's not very good

One tracker LP. The one track that was sampled for COP HELL! Terrible LP!

damn i knew that cut sounded familiar

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I've got nothing on High C's finds, dayum...
    But here's some things I've acquired over the last few weeks....

Came into some great boogie/disco 12"'s this last week from various sources:
    Glenn Jones-I Am Somebody
    Crown Heights Affair-You Gave Me Love b/w Use Your Body and Soul
    Goody Goody-Make Me Hot
    Mystic Merlin-Sixty Thrills A Minute b/w Got To Make It Better
    Teddy Pendergrass-Only You
    Busta Jones-Keep Making Me Hot

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    has a gnarly "If you think I'm Sexy" cover...

I just heard this for the first time recently. Totally ridiculous.

• breadwinnerbreadwinner 535 Posts
    i dont find anything anymore ever. its kind of wierd.

i feel you on that man

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

That Gordon Alexander LP would be great if Gordon Alexander wasn't on it. Millenium-related.

Shouts to DJ Save for the 45s - his table with Foster Kane was definitely the
    highlight of the AS220 show, made driving across state lines worth my while.

• vinylneckvinylneck 50 Posts
    Went to 3 Oklah*ma flea markets and kinda straight murdered shit. One of these in particular damn near gave me a heart attack when I spotted it a 1 dollar crate mixed in with a bunch of Johnny Mathis and Andy Williams LPs.

I'm still not right from seeing you pull the Messengers Inc. That was so surreal.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

I'm still not right from seeing you pull the Messengers Inc. That was so surreal.

[HEAVY TURKISH BODEGA ACCENT]Dallas! next weekend! you trade! no?[/HEAVY TURKISH BODEGA ACCENT]

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

love that Joao Bosco.

• minimini 879 Posts
    From last week

[HEAVY TURKISH BODEGA ACCENT]Dallas! next weekend! you trade! no?[/HEAVY TURKISH BODEGA ACCENT]

Re weekend: No!

Hey look I'm posting for the first time from the new gig! this means I'll be jobless about 8 months from now...

weeeeeeee

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    these are from the last couple weeks, and just the notable ones I really really like...havent been lookin as much lately, been enjoying the house and just hanging out a lot..anyway:

wish I found the red and black cover($$$), but this will do...top shelf stoner/proto metal..kinda reminds me of Toad. I also noticed it has one of the greatest rock lyrics evar on it "It sure is expensive to get snow in July". genius.

had to grab this one as it is arranged by Chalres Stepny and produced and written by Darby Slick. (how the hell did this working relationship occur?) I have to think Jason Pierce of Spirtualized has heard this, the horn hook, and backup singers, the fuzz guitar sound exactly like something offa one his LPs. Uncanny.

great Stonsey UK R&B, playin this one over and over

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I went to HPB and found a $100 LP marked up to $200. And another $50 LP marked up to $125. I love HPB in Austin. You Dallas guys suck

j/k. you are up there.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    from the last couple days:

been after this one for a while - even in Detroit

good bluegrass - cool label

san remo golden strings ripoff

rare earth's 1st lp on verve - can't remember having seen this before - surprisingly good psych with heavy drums

some fun stuff - I like records

doubles & stuff to flip

metal single "The Last Ride of Ichabod Crane" lol