Silent Disco

skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
To puzzled onlookers it???s an odd sight, a tent full of people wearing wireless headphones, half of whom are grooving to Fatboy Slim???s ???Rockefeller Skank???, while the other half are head banging to the sounds of Nirvana???s ???Street Spirit???. Odd it may look, but curiosity would get the better of many an onlooker and it wouldn???t be long before the audience made the transition from fascinated bystanders to enthusiastic participants.
The first Silent Disco appeared in 1969 in the Swedish science fiction film Ruusujen Aika (Time of Roses) featuring a disco where people wore headphones whilst dancing to apparently no music.The concept of a Silent Disco was then used by eco-activists in the early 90???s who utilized headphones at outdoor parties to minimize noise pollution and disturbance to the local wildlife.
Some of you dudes do this. Please speak on the experience.

Comments

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    its been a late night feature at a festival over here for a couple of years, it does look hilarious i must say. never been tempted to have a go due to massive Qs every year, as it be the only music tent open past curfew.

tried to get a slot Djin at it last year to no avail, i'd say it well funny to play at

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    It can be pretty fun. Hilarious to watch from the outside. Although I do think they should stick to only one soundtrack, kind of seems a bit odd when the person next to you is dancing totally out of time.