Classic Albums w/ Whack Cover Art?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Example: Even though its the original and the reissued version is the most well known.Im sure you cats have other examples of classic lps having cover art that doesn't reflect the beauty of the music.

Comments

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts

I always thought Cat Stevens had some pretty bad cover art although I kinda secretly like it too its very tacky but thats my opinion

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    damn near every quality soul LP that came out after '77

ain't y'all been paying attention to my avatars?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    damn near every quality soul LP that came out after '77

ain't y'all been paying attention to my avatars?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

anyone look at this cover for an extended amount of time? i despise it. i can't really say why, it just looks off...maybe the ugly color of the vector work combined with his full color head shot

anyone look at this cover for an extended amount of time? i despise it. i can't really say why, it just looks off...maybe the ugly color of the vector work combined with his full color head shot

Yeah, I remember coppin' that shit and thinkin'"Damn, they couldn't do a better job than that."

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

I always thought Cat Stevens had some pretty bad cover art although I kinda secretly like it too its very tacky but thats my opinion

I believe a lot of those were his own drawings. Bad as they are, I respect it.

I've been enjoying that album lately.

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts

I believe a lot of those were his own drawings. Bad as they are, I respect it.

I've been enjoying that album lately.

really I never knew that, thats kinda cool then and I dig that.

• strikeskistrikeski 95 Posts

what were they thinking honestly?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Just about every David Axelrod record cover is ugly imo.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Its not showing anymore, but I find the sleeve of THE CHRONIC endearing... the cover of THE CHRONIC 2000, however, is

Example:

Even though its the original and the reissued version is the most well known.

This is actually the 'censored' version... the urinal pic was the original UK, they censored in the US, and it hasn't shown up here until reissues...

Is this actually a 'classic' LP??? I've never heard a whole album, curious...

• strikeskistrikeski 95 Posts
    Is this actually a 'classic' LP???

it is to me
    peace

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts

At least VERY good IMO. Starang Wondah is underated.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

These LPs have covers equal to their quality. THough, ok, I have to agree - "The Storm" is utterly terrible and the LP isn't THAT bad.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

That cover is Uglee!! I've never heard the whole thing. Am I sleeping?

h

That cover is Uglee!! I've never heard the whole thing. Am I sleeping?

h

No!!!

• bubblegum rock gets no better than this, but the cover is strictly a "hell naw"

• Starang Wondah is underated.