feelin this one?

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Off one listen, I say Ehhh.

Theres something that bugs me about having a live band play loops. Like on crimonology, I kept waiting for the Black Ivory shit to come in, "I keep asking you questions.." but then I was like, oh yeah they're just covering wu.

Theres acouple tracks that are ok, but a lot of its boring. Why can't they just write some good songs (a la earlier Michels, Budos or Menahan.) Seems gimmicky to me...

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    i like it, but it could have been 10 times better if they experimented a little bit more. its a little bit too much "by the book" imo. which is the exact opposite of what rza did when the ogs came out. that first single from this lp is still the best of the bunch i think.

but.. there was alot of green stuff involved in my 2nd listen... ALOT better then. highly recommended.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Feelin a few of the tracks but after a while it tends to drag on. I like the production.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Off a couple of listens, I say Ehhh.

yea - I really liked the 45s, but a whole record didn't keep my interest. Production-wise, I wish it was either more raw and gritty or more boom and slick. It feels like it's just somewhere in-between, no real kick to it...