Post a How-To , useful tip

DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Record related or otherwise.I don't need to post a video of this but:Here's mine, I discovered that when my laptop trackpad and screen and key board became smudged the hell up I used a q tip with rubbing alcohol to clean them and it took all smudges away, so I did the same with my useless not working Blackberry trackball and once the alcohol evaporated it works like new again!

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Drain, and rinse beans to remove the unwanted gas they produce.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Replacing spark plugs.

Number each spark plug wire so you can match each to the spark plug they came from. Remove one at a time for simplicity.

Use a deep socket to remove your first spark plug being careful not to get any debris in the hole.

Replace with new spark plug (gently!)

Replace spark plug wire.

Continue in the same fashion for each spark plug (4, 6, or 8)

Examine your spark plug wire set. If they are worn, frayed, or broken anywhere, replace the wires as well, following the numbering and one-by-one instructions above. It's important they are replaced in the same order or the engine will not fire correctly.

Time: 20-30 mins

Cost: $10-$30 for plugs (avg), $10-$30 for wires (avg)

• the bunny goes out the hole, around the tree, and back in the hole.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    if you go to a thrift and the record you want has the price marked in permanent marker or that wax pencil, use a bit of hairspray, i guarantee it will rub right off, and nothing else works like that. btw i'm mad that something that toxic is marketed for people to put on their bodies and to inhale?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Replacing spark plugs.

Number each spark plug wire so you can match each to the spark plug they came from. Remove one at a time for simplicity.

Use a deep socket to remove your first spark plug being careful not to get any debris in the hole.

Replace spark plug wire.

Examine your spark plug wire set. If they are worn, frayed, or broken anywhere, replace the wires as well, following the numbering and one-by-one instructions above. It's important they are replaced in the same order or the engine will not fire correctly.

make sure you gap them shits to OEM specifications or you'll be misfiring and/or burning plug gaps closed.

Replacing spark plugs.

Replace spark plug wire.

make sure you gap them shits to OEM specifications or you'll be misfiring and/or burning plug gaps closed.

I've never had a problem with pre-gapped plugs, but true if they're not.

if you go to a thrift and the record you want has the price marked in permanent marker or that wax pencil, use a bit of hairspray, i guarantee it will rub right off, and nothing else works like that. btw i'm mad that something that toxic is marketed for people to put on their bodies and to inhale?

booooooo

i love indirectly stealing from the needy

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

booooooo

I think she means AFTER you've paid for it and gotten home. But I must admit, I thought it was all leading to a cheeky switch-price-tags technique.

booooooo

I think she means AFTER you've paid for it and gotten home. But I must admit, I thought it was all leading to a cheeky switch-price-tags technique.

Shows how my mind works, I didn't even consider it just as a clean-up method.

Ok

yaaaaay

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I like to use a whisk to make guacamole -- it achieves a nice chunky smoothness.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    use peanutbutter to get gum out of your hair

Hey, Brian's licked his share of peanut butter.

Family Guy Brian.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

for a second I thought you said CUM

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts

booooooo

Shows how my mind works, I didn't even consider it just as a clean-up method.

Ok

yaaaaay

haha yes it's for removing markings aaafter you have paid for the item(s). jeez!

now who knows how to remove pomegranate seeds and separate them from pith without staining your hands?

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Wear gloves when you chop up chili peppers. Didn't do this once and had to take a leak, then

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    peel and chop onions underwater...no fumes, no tears.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

How exactly does one chop onions underwater?

• innersourceinnersource 111 Posts
    now who knows how to remove pomegranate seeds and separate them from pith without staining your hands?

Eat the seeds, they are good for you...roughage/dietary fiber.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts

Eat the seeds, they are good for you...roughage/dietary fiber.

I am gonna guess she's talking about eating the seeds but doing some technique like this to get that pith crap out the way:

That has worked for me although pomegranates aren't in season now but hopefully that helps.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

Take a mouthful of tab water, don't swallow it but keep it in your mouth while you're peeling and chopping onions. You won't shed a tear.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    When removing a bust, shattered lightbulb that has no glass left or just jagged fragments that look like they could shred up you fingers, jam a raw carrot into its base and screw it out.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    For horsefly bites, lick the coating off one side of an aspirin, get it moist and pasty, and apply directly to the bite. The swelling and itching will disappear in minutes.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Get rid if itchy mosquito bites by holding a lit cigarette as long and as close to the bite as you can handle and without actually burning your skin. The anti-blood-clogging stuff, mosquitos inject into your skin while sucking your blood and that's also responsible for the itching is an enzyme that gets destroyed by heat.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i know you utilized that in africa

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    i know you utilized that in africa

all the time... even though I went through a bottle of repellent a day when I was out in the field.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

How exactly does one chop onions underwater?

uhhh...fill your kitchen sink full of water

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    use a comb or a piece of cardboard to start nails.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Putting the comb in the tool box today.

When removing a bust, shattered lightbulb that has no glass left or just jagged fragments that look like they could shred up you fingers, jam a raw carrot into its base and screw it out.

You missed step one:

Make sure it is OFF first!

Potatoes work too.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    if you smoke pick up the book: the easy way to quit smoking by allan carr.
    it will change your life. peace, stein. . .