disco vinyl comps to look for?

BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
what disco comps on wax should be picked up, if any? See many on Cd.

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

The Patti Jo tracks produced by Curtis Mayfield on that one are good.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    disco juice
    disco spectrum
    disco strut
    edits by mr. k

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    Cocktail Disco by Dimitri from Paris vol 1 & 2

• Options
    Cocktail Disco by Dimitri from Paris vol 1 & 2

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    disco juice
    disco strut

Thanks, these are what I'm looking for. I can't tell how many volumes of disco strut were made, 4?

The Patti Jo - curtis cover - is nasty, though I'm not feeling the rest of the comp. The patti jo 45' is on ebay as we speak with a few bids.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Disco Strut is where it's at. Vols 2 & 3 have some killers on there but I'd get all 4 of them.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    The recent Tom Moulton comp with the yellow cover is really great...forget the name and label...google should help but I'm lazy.

Both volumes of Disco Juice are solid, Patrick Adams is brilliant.

It's not on wax to my knowledge but there's a comp someone did up on teh blogs called "Deep Disco Culture" which hipped me to a lot of records that are up my alley.

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    this topic has been posted before somewhere on here.

cop uncle jr's friday fish fry.
    you'll find some soul and some disco on these that are not on other comps, as well as off track 1 and 2.... with groups like sparkle, wood brass and steel (2nd lp), phillip & lloyd, venise, sweet touch, s.t.u.d. band, master force, and more.

its my shameless plug.

kiss fm is a must, most the essential 12" remixes on 2 lps...if your looking for that 1982 type of sound prelude has.
    try the joey negro/ sean p ones.....tons of rare stuff that if found your paying alot.