Visual Scratching ?

LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Might be sipping a cup of latte here, but someone posted this on another site and its a spin out. cool idea, maybe needs a bit of work....What do you think?

AR scratching from vanderlin on Vimeo.

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Interesting but it seems like one of those things that just because it can be done doesn't mean it would be useful.

I'm sure fun to play around w/though.

• Interesting but it seems like one of those things that just because it can be done doesn't mean it would be useful.

I'm sure fun to play around w/though.

eggzactly.

I dont think it is really "reading" the grooves a la the laser turntable, but more using the groove as a controller to modify an existing digital file?

neat, but I'd rather hear some scratching that didnt sound like a glitchy ass wav file.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    It isn't using the groove at all. The camera/audio is reacting to the AR Tag (barcode) that has been pasted on the center of the record.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    lazy

• the whole shit is a lie

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I'd like to know how the Biggie label switches off and on the label like that.

• I'd like to know how the Biggie label switches off and on the label like that.

Yeah, that shit looks kind of crazy.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts

http://www.artag.net/

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

BOW DOWN BITCHES![/b]