"Kindness for Weakness" (G.U.N. related)

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Hey,

I got my goodies from the Soulman the other day, and I gotta say, "Kindness for Weakness is my joint". This is one of several "repeat tracks" I play off the CDs. The MCs and 9th Wonder (kid is ridiculous) really came together on this one. I like the material overall, but I'm really feelin' "Completely New" (damn Phill!!!!), "The Dirt", "Steel City, Pt. 2", "My Date W/ Poverty" and "Daydreams" as well. Nice work by Philly Phill, G.U.N., and 9th Wondra!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• i'm digging the whole EP and 9th Wonder mixtape. dudes deserve all 1000 threads we've started for them!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Hey,

I got my goodies from the Soulman the other day, and I gotta say, "Kindness for Weakness is my joint". This is one of several "repeat tracks" I play off the CDs. The MCs and 9th Wonder (kid is ridiculous) really came together on this one. I like the material overall, but I'm really feelin' "Completely New" (damn Phill!!!!), "The Dirt", "Steel City, Pt. 2", "My Date W/ Poverty" and "Daydreams" as well. Nice work by Philly Phill, G.U.N., and 9th Wondra!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yo Brotha Stacks-

These dudes want to work with you. They checked out your beats without me even telling them to and they are feelin' the heat. Get that Pro-Tools set up happenin' and hollar at a pimp, we need to get it poppin', kid!

But yeah, "Kindness For Weakness", that was immediately my favorite joint when they sent me the 9th Wonder mixtape. "Come to find out, some take kindness for weakness / visions of being weak, are you being too kind? / soon to figure that you doin' things that you shouldn't / far from trustworthy, they live tri-fl-in' / All I really know, some take kindness for weakness / picture a fiend, though, she straight crumbin' her mother / lightin' cocaine with propane"... DAMN I luh that shit. I know I'm biased, but I listen to that shit as a fan. I know I would be lovin' that even if I didn't know these dudes personally.

And rather than me answering everybody's posts on this or the other related threads, let me just say thank you to everybody for your support. I'm happy to hear that a lot of people are feelin' this so far. It's gonna be a hard battle since we're obviously going against the odds with the style of music that we're doing, but we believe in it and we just hope there are enough "brothas of the same mind" out there who are into what we're bringing that will make this a worthwhile endeavor. So far so good! Thanks again.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Phill Chill the Most,

It's all good, baby!!!! I'm ready when you're ready. I'll drop you a PM to learn more about "Pro-Tools" and all that, but just to let you know, I am mobile. I'll definitely keep cookin' up the goodies (you know how I get down!).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Yo Brotha Stacks-

These dudes want to work with you.

Greedy Ultimate + Big Stacks = perma-

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I would love to see such a collabo!!!!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I would love to see such a collabo!!!!

Me too!!!! Listenin' to the CDs got me all psyche up to grab the sampler and put in some work, ya know? That doesn't happen often enough for me these days!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Yo Phill I told you I was Earstrodamus! That completely new joint is the one man!

• I was stuck in traffic the yesterday and played Kindness for Weakness about 5 times in a row! Nice.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Yo Phill I told you I was Earstrodamus! That completely new joint is the one man!

YO WILLIE EV!!!! Where you been at, mane??? Did you get my last e-mail? I been tryin' to hollar! Get at me, we need to discuss some thangs.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    sooooouulman, i meant to flip through both cds the other day, but i ended up listening to em straight through. after just on elisten its sounding reeeal strong man. it will be more of a favor to other listeners to spread the word aboutit. so 9th wonder did all the production on one with no phil involvement and you did the other? both thorough
    the translation sheet is definitely helpful too...now i can properly ask for my heemies when i'm in western PA
    thanks,t

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yo Brotha Stacks-

These dudes want to work with you. They checked out your beats without me even telling them to and they are feelin' the heat. Get that Pro-Tools set up happenin' and hollar at a pimp, we need to get it poppin', kid!

But yeah, "Kindness For Weakness", that was immediately my favorite joint when they sent me the 9th Wonder mixtape. "Come to find out, some take kindness for weakness / visions of being weak, are you being too kind? / soon to figure that you doin' things that you shouldn't / far from trustworthy, they live tri-fl-in' / All I really know, some take kindness for weakness / picture a fiend, though, she straight crumbin' her mother / lightin' cocaine with propane"... DAMN I luh that shit. I know I'm biased, but I listen to that shit as a fan. I know I would be lovin' that even if I didn't know these dudes personally.

And rather than me answering everybody's posts on this or the other related threads, let me just say thank you to everybody for your support. I'm happy to hear that a lot of people are feelin' this so far. It's gonna be a hard battle since we're obviously going against the odds with the style of music that we're doing, but we believe in it and we just hope there are enough "brothas of the same mind" out there who are into what we're bringing that will make this a worthwhile endeavor. So far so good! Thanks again.

Don't want to take any shine away from GUN, but I just heard a Big Stacks track & lost my shit. Fucking amazing. A GUN/Stacks collab would be fyah!

Peace

h

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

the translation sheet is definitely helpful too...now i can properly ask for my heemies when i'm in western PA

THIS SHIT IS BONKERS, I CAN NOT STOP LISTENING TO IT, I GO FROM THE CD IN THE CAR, TO THE TABLES IN THE CRIB,

COT DAMN!

PHILL, YOU KEEP IT SOOOOOO RIGHT.

and a stacks/g.u.n collab ....