rza talking about the one that got away

vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
this is probably a late pass, but when watching this, all i could think about was the homeless guy who walks around your neighbourhood talking about how he invtented the thermometer but got screwed out of his millions.

Comments

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    plaese to poast RZA "Pwototype" graemlin here kthxbai

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    how the F*ck you gonna pay an engineer $30k a year??? I made more than that entry level as an assistant at Wells Fargo Finance

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    this is probably a late pass
    So late that there's already a graemlin:

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    how the F*ck you gonna pay an engineer $30k a year??? I made more than that entry level as an assistant at Wells Fargo Finance

he was paying him 70k...mentioned that he previously was making 30gs

great interview/monologue. i mean,i almost believe it. some great quotes.
    i really love when he's like "you think 2 million is a lot of money? it aint shit in the corporate world. thats three days work"

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Thanks for the graemlin. that shit is classque!

i really love when he's like "you think 2 million is a lot of money? it aint shit in the corporate world. thats three days work"

Yeah, it's a weird story. Why would his guys go to AES without him? Even in '97, RZA was still a bankable name. Touting the "RZA's revolutionary system" with him there to demo it would have worked, unless the thing wasn't really all that.

b/w

between this and the Dame Dash thread it's like True Industry Stories up in here today.

• Here's a better question, why would they show this at AES?

AES is for boutique audio, white papers and general gear snobs and professional recording - not saying this wasn't there, i didn't start going to AES till 02 but damn this would have stuck out like a sore thumb on a convention floor with only like 45 booths, most of which are esoteric compressors and 7000$ microphones.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

he was paying him 70k...mentioned that he previously was making 30gs

my bad, listened again, I was like "oh hell no" haha.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Invented it? Sounded like "some guy" invented it and he financed the advancement of it.

Still an interesting story.