At what point? (Lion and Lamb related)

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
At what point of not getting any does a dude become re-virginized?I ask 'cause I'm considering becoming a monk. Actually, had a good conversation with a fellow man last night who encouraged me to alternate between being a lion and a lamb, but more importantly to never ever be a goat. A lion is strong and a lamb is meek and a goat is a mixture of both that has it bumping its head on every single thing along its way. The philosophy really made sense to me last night, but today I find myself instead wondering which animal bumps its genitals against every single thing along its way. And I've come up with this not so rare breed...Apparently, all I have to do is go back to my Italian roots, do a bunch of bicep curls, work on my car in front of my apartment, and start whistling at random chicks...and by all accounts I should expect to fare better than the "modern man" aka doormat in the name of love that I used to be. Okay, but first let me get these things warm...

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Take the opportunity afforded by being sans femme to get thee to a foreign country and chill for a while.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Take the opportunity afforded by being sans femme to get thee to a foreign country and chill for a while.

You sir are speaking my language...English, correct?

But seriously, New Orleans (foreign in its own right) this weekend and then next up, Panama.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    u could easily have said - I aint gettin no pussy, wtf?

u could easily have said - I aint gettin no pussy, wtf?

I swear I've turned some away in the process as well. But yeah, bottom line so far...nada.

But yeah, this thread is more about why assholes get laid more than good guys.

And/or why good men keep getting condemned and sent packing by their once good women.

Somebody drop some form of science already.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    IBut yeah, this thread is more about why assholes get laid more than good guys.

And/or why good men keep getting condemned and sent packing by their once good women.

I have spent entirely too much time in my life trying to formulate some sort of Grand Unification Theory to fully explain this dynamic and all aspects therein. It hasn't worked out so well.

• But seriously, New Orleans (foreign in its own right) this weekend and then next up, Panama.

Damn Harv, you just answered your own question.
    Get thee to the Marigny.
    Smile alot.
    Buy some dranks for those femmes who smile back.
    Stay away from crowded FatCity sports bars.
    Those FM ladies appreciate a thinking man like you, I promise.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    If you really are the nice guy you say you are and she left you to pursue someone of the opposite nature...her choices will indeed bite her in the ass in the near future. I've witnessed it countless times.

it all boils down to the fact that most people want what they can't have and don't appreciate what they do have.

But seriously, New Orleans (foreign in its own right) this weekend and then next up, Panama.

Damn Harv, you just answered your own question.
    Get thee to the Marigny.
    Smile alot.
    Buy some dranks for those femmes who smile back.
    Stay away from crowded FatCity sports bars.
    Those FM ladies appreciate a thinking man like you, I promise.

Sounds good to me. I'll be staying with friends up by Tulane. But apparently one of their friends just started renting an apartment in the French Quarter so the plan is to use that spot as some sort of home base. At some point though, I'll try to check out the Marigny.

Question for you: Do you know if I can drive to see the old Holy Cross school and the surrounding 9th Ward neighborhood. I have no idea how much the area has rebounded from the storm, so I'm not sure if my sight-seeing wishes are even an option.

If you really are the nice guy you say you are and she left you to pursue someone of the opposite nature...her choices will indeed bite her in the ass in the near future. I've witnessed it countless times.

Claims she doesn't want to get with anyone at all for like 2 years. I don't believe that for a second. But granted she's had such a bloodlust for dismantling everything that was once good around her (and that goes far beyond just our marriage unfortunately) that I don't think she's had much time to even think too long about what she wants instead.

Also, I'm very scared of what might bite her in the ass down the line since it's likely my daughter will be standing nearby when it happens...dammit, especially considering that since I left she's been hanging out with far too many knuckleheads (women and men alike). I thought she was going to delve further into her high brow academic world. Instead she delving into my low brow rap world. Whatever though, she can have em.

I'll either be at my pad or a park playing with my daughter or out on world tour.

Are u ready for new love?

• Aw, man. Sad that people would think the city is still like that.
    The media is the devil, dude. But you know that already

Seriously, you can drive anywhere you please. The Holy Cross area
    is certainly still in bad shape, but there aren't any blocked
    roads or anything. There are some great signs of renewal
    spread around the 9th, but it's frew and far between.
    Mostly it's just vacant and depressing.

BUT ON TO THE IMPORTANT STUFF: GETTING HARVEY LAID.
    If you are home basin' in the Quarter, just walk down
    decatur and cross Esplanade.
    Boom.
    The ladies are instantly cooler.

Top 5 movie from my childhood neighborhood easy. And yeah, over the years I've been the nice guy loser from the flick faaaaaar too many times.

I've never had trouble attracting women, still don't. I have trouble closing deals to the point that in high school I had this friend who would specifically wait around for the inevitable hot girl to be saddled up next to me so he could swoop in and steal her from me.

Still have no idea what I'm not doing right. This woman this past weekend wanted to spend the whole damned weekend with me, told me how much she likes me and how right it feels for her to be around me...but ultimately she said no thanks on the casual sex. I'm just not getting it on several different levels.

But that was the point of last night's conversation...F*ck it. We as men don't need to be leaving ourselves so wide open by thinking we always have to be up in something to feel right about ourselves. I need to work more on feeling comfortable being all by myself than I need to be working on getting with the next woman who will inevitably go sour on me.

My dude I was talking to pretty much had to wait out his latest girlfriend until she was ready to properly respect him and his manhood. And she sure enough came around. And when I say that it means she decided it would be pointless to assume that since she's the woman that she needs to dominate every aspect of their relationship. There's lots of wiggle room of equality available. Problem is too many woman don't want wiggle room, they want to asert this dynamic where their man is inherently wrong and thus them naturally right...always.

I'm not even trying to play that game any more. Never wanted to in the first place. And yeah, suggestions of overseas visits are right on time...as I think America is so messed up culturally that many of our current relationship problems aren't even all that personal. We just fill in the roles of a template set to eventually go horribly wrong.

Are u ready for new love?

Probably not.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    DONT SAVE HER
    SHE DONT WANT TO BE SAVED

^^ sage advice

DONT SAVE HER
    SHE DONT WANT TO BE SAVED

^^ sage advice

As per my current situation, yes...I need to have that tatooed on my forehead. But when I look at the full span...she done let me save her, she gained her footing, then she bit (completely off) the hand that feeds.

I mean why should her recent successes, that have been 12 years in the making, be seen as a team effort when she can go and make it look like she did all of that good stuff despite this dude over here?

My dude I was talking to pretty much had to wait out his latest girlfriend until she was ready to properly respect him and his manhood. And she sure enough came around. And when I say that it means she decided it would be pointless to assume that since she's the woman that she needs to dominate every aspect of their relationship. There's lots of wiggle room of equality available. Problem is too many woman don't want wiggle room, they want to asert this dynamic where their man is inherently wrong and thus them naturally right...always.

I dont know bro'. The whole right/wrong steez is suspect to me.

I think there are plenty of women who do more than enough to provide space for thier partner.

Yes, there are a gang of males and females who are on some control issue bullshit, but letting go of some of the boundaries we keep can benefit.

Just be friend and let nature take its course.

And the only reason I am willing to share so many details here is that I have realized that I am hardly unique in this shit. It's like we're stuck on Groundhog's Day, and a different husband takes on the role of Bill Murray each day as the same vicious cycle repeats itself over and over.

Reminds me of...

"I was feeling part of the scenery. I walked right out of the machinery."

but letting go of some of the boundaries we keep can benefit.

Yep, that's the good shit right there. But with it I will say the first part of being a friend is being yourself. And we as men are lions by nature, not lambs. There are certainly times when falling back on the lamb option is wholly appropriate. But trying to win a woman by pulling the wool over your mane is no longer going to work, if it ever has. At least not for me...

NEW DAY.

Yep, that's the good shit right there. But with it I will say the first part of being a friend is being yourself. And we as men are lions by nature, not lambs. There are certainly times when falling back on the lamb option is wholly appropriate. But trying to win a woman by pulling the wool over your mane is no longer going to work, if it ever has. At least not for me...

NEW DAY.

That Animal shit is for the birds.

I do believe in embracing your inner "animal" but GAME is bigger than that IMO.

NEW DAY.

That Animal shit is for the birds.

I do believe in embracing your inner "animal" but GAME is bigger than that IMO.

Of course, I'm really just regurgitating what dude was telling me last night for the sake of conversation. It's not really my philosophy, just one I'm pondering.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    what kind of relationships does he have?

what kind of relationships does he have?

Walked out of a marriage when their only son was 6 months old as his wife started pulling the let's sleep in separate rooms but still be married biz.

Accidentally had a girl with another woman and she went nuts when he refused to marry her, knowing full well that she was the type to do what she eventually did...which was call the cops to falsely accuse him of molesting their daughter that he wasn't even around.

Then he eventually fell in with his latest that he had to wait on, and evidentally they found a really happy place for themselves. Unfortunately, she just passed away from breast cancer a few weeks back.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Yeah, I don't really drink coffee anyway.