Rep your toofbrush!

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
I need a new one.I'm currently using an Ultreo: Bought it about a year ago based off some great online & magazine reviews. Cost me a little over $100.Unfortunately, the replacement brush heads (which are supposed to be replaced every 3 months) cost $50(!) now!!! That's $200 EVERY YEAR on replacement heads only! WTF?!?!?! They USED to be $25 each, which is still ridiculous. It's not THAT great.Well, it's time for a new brush head and I'm gonna chalk it up as a loss and buy a different brand.Soooo...whatchu brushin' with??

Comments

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    More for the advanced brusher...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I like to stick to just using pretty cheap ones and replacing them often.

Not very green i suppose, but i also like disposable razors.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I need a new one.

I'm currently using an Ultreo:

Bought it about a year ago based off some great online & magazine reviews. Cost me a little over $100.

Unfortunately, the replacement brush heads (which are supposed to be replaced every 3 months) cost $50(!) now!!! That's $200 EVERY YEAR on replacement heads only! WTF?!?!?! They USED to be $25 each, which is still ridiculous. It's not THAT great.

Well, it's time for a new brush head and I'm gonna chalk it up as a loss and buy a different brand.

Soooo...whatchu brushin' with??

I was wondering how long it'd take you to brag about that stupid thing.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    I'm all about the ORAL B TRIUMPH. It's got a timer device on it, showing you how long to spend on each quadrant. At the end of the two minutes, a digital smiley face forms as if to say "hey guy, you did it. see you later, champ". It's a real affirming way to begin your day.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I rep an oral B 'lectric as well...but mine doesnt have super fanny timer screen thingy...after 2 minutes the rpm's slow down a couple times to let you know its been 2 minutes.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    ya'll are some lazy ass muthafuskas

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

there is no way you can get in the amount of brushstrokes an electric toothbrush offers with your elbows...just saying'...your teeths get WAY cleaner with an electric toothbrush

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "Rep your toothbrush?" Really, Herm?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

there is no way you can get in the amount of brushstrokes an electric toothbrush offers with your elbows...just saying'...your teeths get WAY cleaner with an electric toothbrush

Batmon...

I'm willing to bet you have a fancy toofbrush too. You're just being contradictory (but we all know that).

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Is there some fancy machine that can wipe my azz for me?

Some days I just can't be bothered.

Maybe some kind of adapter for the electric toothbrush.

"Rep your toothbrush?" Really, Herm?

"Rep your toothbrush" = "SoulStrut friends and family: Please suggest to me a decent toothbrush because I was duped into buying one that's too expensive to maintain. Thank you."

The latter wouldn't fit in the subject line.

I used to think the same thing, until my Dad bought us all electric toothbrushes for Christmas 6-7 years ago...now I love them.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    There was a study conducted recently that showed that an electric toothbrush will not clean your teeth any better than the cheapest ordinary toothbrush. Only the round oscillating electric toothbrushes offer a slight improvement, and they're often the cheapest ones you can buy. Plus that 'sonic' stuff is just a marketing gimmick.

Hope that help Herm. (:

There was a study conducted recently that showed that an electric toothbrush will not clean your teeth any better than the cheapest ordinary toothbrush. Only the round oscillating electric toothbrushes offer slight improvement, and they're often the cheapest ones you can buy. Plus that 'sonic' stuff is just a marketing gimmick.

Hope that help Herm. (:

I wouldn't doubt it - I've fallen victim to hype before and will probably continue to do so - but I'd like to read the article anyways if you have a link.

Regardless, an electric toofbrush just makes my mouth feel better than a regular old one. I use those to clean my sneakers. Plus the timer keeps me on point.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    ok I'll play too, I use this Oral-B one with the water pik thingy. I love it and replacement heads are like $8. and it's a rotary head which is gooder than yours Herm.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

Batmon...

I'm willing to bet you have a fancy toofbrush too. You're just being contradictory (but we all know that).

I use a REACH. medium steez.

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts

Get yourself a Bidet

They make them now built in to the toilet seat so you don't need a separate device.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    There was a study conducted recently that showed that an electric toothbrush will not clean your teeth any better than the cheapest ordinary toothbrush. Only the round oscillating electric toothbrushes offer slight improvement, and they're often the cheapest ones you can buy. Plus that 'sonic' stuff is just a marketing gimmick.

Hope that help Herm. (:

I wouldn't doubt it - I've fallen victim to hype before and will probably continue to do so - but I'd like to read the article anyways if you have a link.

Regardless, an electric toofbrush just makes my mouth feel better than a regular old one. I use those to clean my sneakers. Plus the timer keeps me on point.

I was lucky, the results came out just as I was looking into buying an electric brush, cause they go easy on the gums.

Here's the best link I could find - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2679175.stm

You could search for "The Cochrane Collaboration" the non-profit that conducted the test and read the actual report from their test, but it's a lot of science waffle.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Anyone with false teeth on here?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Regardless, an electric toofbrush just makes my mouth feel better than a regular old one.

Anything that vibrates always make something feel better, Herm

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

Get yourself a Bidet

They make them now built in to the toilet seat so you don't need a separate device.

Now that's some teeth cleaning!

Regardless, an electric toofbrush just makes my mouth feel better than a regular old one.

Anything that vibrates always make something feel better, Herm