Record Production (Jacket-/ Cover R)

3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Do they still make those nice, glossy, thick single vinyl gatefold covers like many CTIs had?I've been wanting to make an album for forever and while everything is still far from being finished i find myself more and more thinking about how the cover should be like. i really want it to have a "vintage" cover and those "CTI-style" jackets would definitely my favorite option.I'm aware that this is going to be much more expensive than some average jacket but it's just a big part of my dream of releasing an album.. I guess the numero releases are the ones that are closest to what i'd like it to be.that thick card board just feels really nice and i think it makes you appreciate the vinyl record and the artwork more.I just looked through my records and i found that reissue of the deep throat OSTon light in the attic records. that's probably even closer since it's a single lpunlike the numero ones.. only thing is it doesn't have that glossy foil..i like some of the daptones releases as well and if my original plans turn out to be so ridiculously expensive that i'll have to compromise i'll probably do something like the menahan street band cover which is very nice too.anyways.. whenever i'll come to that point i might contact said labels and ask them about the whole thing but i figured some of you might be able to give a little insight on this as well..