My 90's old school Video pick of the day..

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
HERE Fresh 4 - Wishing on a starSome of you might say soft...But this was the lick back in the day. I just love that whole London positive vibe deal...

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    HERE

Fresh 4 - Wishing on a star

Some of you might say soft...

But this was the lick back in the day. I just love that whole London positive vibe deal...

This is from 88, but I guess wasn't a hit until 90.

Factoid: two of them went on to be part of Roni Size's Reprazent. And the group was mainly from Swindon/West Country but they couldn't help it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    HERE

Fresh 4 - Wishing on a star

Some of you might say soft...

But this was the lick back in the day. I just love that whole London positive vibe deal...

This is from 88, but I guess wasn't a hit until 90.

Factoid: two of them went on to be part of Roni Size's Reprazent. And the group was mainly from Swindon/West Country but they couldn't help it.

Thx for the info... I thought the 12" dropped in 89 but didn't come over here for abit afterwards. and the video didn't drop here til 90 I think.

Did they ever do anything else interesting as Fresh 4? Or Lizz E for that matter?

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    Part time strutter waxbandit dropped this at our local only last night. Haven't seen the vid in 10 years!

Part time strutter waxbandit dropped this at our local only last night. Haven't seen the vid in 10 years!

yeah, I pulled it out lastnight to take a listen... I haven't seen the vid in that long either... Was wondering if I could find the video after thinking about it lastnight.

http://www.electricpavilion.org/dugout/snv/artists/stevehaley/media/vision/fresh4.php

They are pretty much considered the UK's best one hit wonder. But I think a bunch of them did stuff after. They must have made a couple of quid to spend on samplers etc.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Shit, I knew Krust was in there but that's the first time I was aware Suv was part of the group as well.

yeah, I pulled it out lastnight to take a listen... I haven't seen the vid in that long either... Was wondering if I could find the video after thinking about it lastnight.

That's a strange co incidence!

Growing up in the UK there was very little stuff in the media about hip hop. (apart from behind the beat etc)
    the only music shows were top of the pops & the chart show & occasionally they'd play something like this which was dope. I've got stacks of videos full of all these little clips.
    I was at Bar Rhumba about 9 years ago & Giles Peterson played this, everybody went nuts, I'd forgotten all about it but after that night I tracked down a copy.. niceness.

Growing up in the UK there was very little stuff in the media about hip hop. (apart from behind the beat etc)
    the only music shows were top of the pops & the chart show & occasionally they'd play something like this which was dope. I've got stacks of videos full of all these little clips.
    I was at Bar Rhumba about 9 years ago & Giles Peterson played this, everybody went nuts, I'd forgotten all about it but after that night I tracked down a copy.. niceness.

One thing about Giles, he can play a track no one cared about for years and people go nutz and lose their motherfucking mind.

I guess I was lucky to grow up here in Toronto. We got blasted on the regular with UK stuff. I swear Toronto is a perfect mix of London/NYC/Chitown/Jamaica.

I haven't been to England in a minute... Anything going on over there?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    A bit off track but...

I miss the times when Bristol d&b was good.

One thing about Giles, he can play a track no one cared about for years and people go nutz and lose their motherfucking mind.

I guess I was lucky to grow up here in Toronto. We got blasted on the regular with UK stuff. I swear Toronto is a perfect mix of London/NYC/Chitown/Jamaica.

I've been thinking about checking out Canada for a while seems like a good place.

England has pretty much anything your looking for, good clubs, gigs, exhibitions.. If you like past their prime hip hop stars we've got em all!! But this is only if you live in or near London or another big city otherwise things can get a bit bleak culturally speaking. Same as anywhere I guess.

I've been thinking about checking out Canada for a while seems like a good place.

England has pretty much anything your looking for, good clubs, gigs, exhibitions.. If you like past their prime hip hop stars we've got em all!! But this is only if you live in or near London or another big city otherwise things can get a bit bleak culturally speaking. Same as anywhere I guess.

The scene is kinda going through that here right now also. I use to live in hampstead heath and work in Soho. Miss the dayz of spending my nights in the west end.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Damn I forgot about this track... never saw the video but they used to drop this on the late night mix shows here... anyone have an MP3?

Damn I forgot about this track... never saw the video but they used to drop this on the late night mix shows here... anyone have an MP3?

I do... But I'm at work right now.. If no one does by tonight I'll put one up.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    wow i loved this song, got the 12" and thought no one else liked it cuz it never blew up here. i could be wrong but wasn't this produced by smith & mighty?

wow i loved this song, got the 12" and thought no one else liked it cuz it never blew up here. i could be wrong but wasn't this produced by smith & mighty?
    You are correct.

Just looking what else was on that serv.

Old school Brit Breakin' music vid...

Wild Bunch

• silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
    Phase 2.
    Yep.