Stunning German TV movie (CAN related)

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
"Das Millionenspiel" - Groundbreaking TV movie by Tom Toelle from 1970, adapting the same shortstory 1987 "Running Man" was based upon. An all fictional TV show with fake ads, fake interviews. The showmaster was played by one of the most popular TV hosts of the time and all the interviewers were also well known TV journalists. Many people thought this was real and requested to be on the next show (as killers or victims). Due to some legal problems the movie was banned from the screen for 30 years. Soundtrack played by "Innerspace Prod." who changed their name to CAN a little later. If you have a chance to see the movie, do it.

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    my girlfriend's gone all weekend: a perfect opportunity to get away with watching this (she will not feel this [ayo])

• minimini 879 Posts

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    "Das Millionenspiel" - Groundbreaking TV movie by Tom Toelle from 1970, adapting the same shortstory 1987 "Running Man" was based upon.

Stephen King didn't write "The Running Man" til 1982, but i get your drift... common dystopian theme, i am sure...

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I am SO DEEP into running man dance tutorials youtube vids right now I can't even get back to finding out who bit whom on which movies which videos which ultimate game of man hunts man stories

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    The originator of this plot was Richard Connell. There were at least a few dozen remakes and film adaptations of it in the 80 years since the OG movie was made

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Dangerous_Game

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    "Das Millionenspiel" is based upon the short story "The Prize of Peril" by Robert Sheckley. I was wrong about "Running Man" being based on it too. The plots are just very similar.