Torture Memos

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Is anyone surprised?Does anyone think even Yoo or Bybee let alone Bush or Cheney are going to see a charge? Any of the three Republicans on this site feel even the least bit sick?

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    That One Obama is sporting a bad look on this.

Bitches need checking.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    At least he released them!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I'm not surprised but Obama isn't doing anything besides releasing info. So what if everyone can now look back and see what the Bush administration approved. Without making the former administration pay for their actions it doesn't really mean much.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I can understand Obama's desire not to make a legal issue out of this.

...but the lack of accountability is hard to stomach.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

The lack of accountability kills me. The Executive Office shouldn't be completely above the law. The whole thing sets a horrible precedent.

I agree.

Spain backed off their case and the responsibility now rests with us.

Obama can't pull it off though. It'll immediately be seen as political and will alienate a lot of people.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

I agree.

Spain backed off their case and the responsibility now rests with us.

Obama can't pull it off though. It'll immediately be seen as political and will alienate a lot of people.

I'm no Blustermann fanboy, but dude is totally on point right here:

Visit msnbc.com for #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">Breaking News, #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">World News, and #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">News about the Economy

Agreed.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Did you see where the judge in the Ted Stevens case ordered an independent review of the Justice Dept?

Perhaps, one day, a judge who is hearing a Guatanamo or other Terrorism case would step up and do the same.