what shoud i pay for this to get 2 blue notes?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Godddamn all or nothing people.JAZZ ALBUM LISTAllison, Mose; ???Back Country Suite for Piano, Bass and Drums??? - Prestige 7091Allison, Mose; ???Local Color??? ??? Prestige 7121Amram-Barrow Quartet; ???Jazz Studio No. 6, The Eastern Scene??? Decca DL 8558Armstrong, Louis; ???Plays W.C. Handy ??? Columbia CL 591Bailey, Pearl; ???A Broad??? Roulette B 25012 ???Sample???Basie, Count; ???Dance Along With Basie??? Roulette R52036Basie, Count; and his orchestra featuring Joe Williams ???Breakfast, Dance and Barbecue??? ??? Roulette Birdland R-52028Basie, Count; ???Basie At Birdland??? Recorded live ??? Roulette R 52065 D>J> COPY NFSBasie/Bennett; ???Count Basie and His Orchestra Swings/Tony Bennett Sings??? Roulette. R25072Basie, Count; ???The Count Basie Story??? Limited Edition. D.J. Copy RouletteRB-1Bell, Aaron; Trio ???After the Party???s Over??? ??? RCA LPM 1876Belletto, Al ; ???The Sounds and Songs??? Capitol T6514Bennett, Tony; ???The Beat of my Heart??? ??? Columbia CL 1079Bernhart, Milt; with Fred Katz and Calvin Jackson. ???The Sound of Bernhart??? Decca Records DL 9214Brown, Les; ???Les Brown and his Band of Renown Play the Gershwin Bandbook??? Columbia Cl1679 Demo, NFSBryan, Joy; ???Sings??? Mode Records Mod ???LP#108 D.J. CopyBrubeck, Dave; with the New York Philharmonic; ???Bernstein Plays Brubeck Plays Bernstein???. Columbia Records CL 1466Burns, Ralph; ???Spring Sequence??? ??? Jazztone J 1228Burns, Ralph; and the Quiet Herd ???Very Warm For Jazz??? Decca DL 9207Callender, Red; ??? Swingin??? Suite??? ??? Modern Records LMP 1207Candoli, Conte ; Bethlehem records BCP 30Childers, Buddy; Quartet, Liberty LJH 6013Clayton, Buck; ???Jams Benny Goodman??? ??? Columbia Records CL 614Clinton, Larry; and his orchestra with Helen Ward ??? RCA LPM_1342Coleman, Cy; and his orchestra ???Playboy???s Penthouse??? ??? Everest LPBR 5092Crosby, Bob; ???Bob Crosby???s Bob Cats??? ???Coral CRL 57170De Vol; ???The Happiest Girl In The World??? Columbia CL 1629Eckstine, Billy; ???Once More With Feeling??? Roulette B 25104Ellington, Duke; ???Piano in the Background??? ??? Columbia CL 1546 NFSEllis, Ray; and his orchestra ???Let???s Get Away From It All??? ??? Columbia CL 1097Fielding, Jerry; ???Hollywoodwind Jazztet??? Decca DL 8669Fruscella, Tony; Atlantic Records 1220Fuller, Donna; ???My Foolish Heart??? with Pete Rugolo and his orchestra Liberty LRP 3024Fuller, Jerry; Sextet, ???Clarinet Portrait??? Andex A 3006Garland, Red; ???Red Garland???s Piano with Paul Chambers and Art Taylor??? ???Prestige 7086Goodman, Benny; ???Vol.1 in the series of 3 Performance recordings 1937-1938 MGM E3788Graas, John; Nonet ???Jazzmantics??? Decca records DL 8677Green, Urbie; ???All About Urbie Green and his Big Band??? ??? ABC Paramount 137Grice, Gigi; with orchestra (side one) and Quartet (side two). Signal S 1201 Hambro, Lenny; Quintet, ???Message From Hambro??? ??? Columbia CL 757Hamilton, Chico; quintet, ???Gongs East!??? Warner Brothers 1271Jamal, Ahmad; Epic Records LN 3631Johnson, J.J. ; ???Dial JJ5??? ??? Columbia records CL 1084Jones, Jo; Trio ??? Everest Records LPBR-5023Kane, Jack; ???Jack Kane is Able??? Coral records CRL 57219Kannes, Deno; ???The Kid From Salt Lake City??? ??? Coral CRL 57205Katz, Fred; ???And His Music, Mood jazz in Hi-Fi??? Decca J9200Kenney, Beverly; ???Born To Be Blue??? ???Decca DL 8850Kenny, Beverly; ???Like Yesterday??? Decca DL 8948Kenny, Beverly; ???Beverly Kenny Sings for Johnny Smith??? Roost Lp 2206Kenny, Beverly; ???Sings For Playboys??? with Ellis Larkins??? Decca DL 8743Kenton, Stan; ???West Side Story??? Capitol T1609Lawson, Dee; ???Round Midnight???- Roulette R-52017 D.J. CopyLea, Barbara; ???Lea/In Love??? Prestige 7100Lutes, Marcy; ???Debut???- Decca Mann, Herbie; with Bobby Jasper ???Flute Flight ??? Prestige 7124Marx, Dick; ???Marx Makes Broadway With Flute and Friends???- Omega OML 1002McKusick, Hal; Quintet featuring Art Farmer - Coral Records CRL 57131McNabb, Ted ; *Ted McNabb & Co.??? Epic LN 3663 Merrill, Helen; ???The Nearness Of You??? ??? Mercury MG 36134Metropolitan Jazz Quartet; ???The Classics??? -MGM E 3730Mingus, Charles; ???Jazz Portraits??? United Artists UAL 4035 Promo CopyMingus, Charlie; Jazz Experiment, The Charlie Mingus Modernists???-Jazztone J1271Mobley, Hank; with Donald Byrd and Lee Morgan ??? Blue Note 1540The Modern Jazz Quartet ??? Atlantic Records 1265Mulligan, Gerry; and his Sextet ???Mainstream Jazz??? ??? Mercury Records MG 36101Mulligan, Gerry; Quartet ???What Is There To Say???? Columbia Records CL 1307Newborn, Phineas Jr. and Trio; ??? Fabulous Phineas??? RCA LPM 1873Newborn, Phineas; ???Piano Portraits By Phineas Newborn??? Roulette R 52031 DJ Copy.Newman, Joe; Quartet ???Soft Swingin Jazz??? Coral CRL 57208The Newport Youth Band under the direction of Marshall brown Coral records CRL 57298Peiffer, Bernard; ???The Pied Pfeiffer of the Piano??? Decca J9200Pell, Dave; Octet ???Plays a Folio of Seldom Heard Tunes by Rodgers and Hart??? ??? Trend TL 1501Powell, Seldon; Roost Records 2205Quinchette, Paul; ???The Kid From Denver??? Dawn DLP-1109Raeburn, Boyd; ???Fraternity Rush??? Columbia CL 957 Roberts, George; Sextet ???Bottoms Up??? ??? Columbia CL 1520Richards, Ann; ???Ann, Man!??? Atco 33-136Richards, Johnny; ???Wide Range??? Capitol records T885 SampleRowles, Jimmy; ???Weather In A Jazz Vane??? ??? Andex A 3007Salim, A.K.; ???Flute Suite??? Savoy MG 12102 Sample Copy, NFSSalvador, Sal; ???The Colors in Sound of Sal Salvador and his Orchestra??? Decca DL 4026Schory, Dick ???Music for Bang, Baroom and Harp ??? RCA Victor LPM 1866Simmons, Gene; ???Soulful Saxophone??? ???Chess LP 1442 D.J. CopyShearing, George; ???Shearing???by Request??? ??? London Records LL1343Southern, Jeri; ???Coffee, Cigarettes and Memories??? ??? Roulette R25039Southern, Jeri: ???Southern Breeze??? Roulette R52010 D.J.CopySyms, Sylvia; ???Syms Sings??? Decca DL 8188Tjader, Cal; ???San Francisco Moods??? ??? Fantasy Records, 3271 D.J. copy.Van Damme, Art; Quintet ???Everything???s Coming Up Music??? Columbia CL 1382Vaughan, Sarah; ???The Divine One??? Roulette R 52060Vaughan, sarah; ???After Hours??? Roulette R 52070 D.J. CopyVentura, Charlie; ???Here???s Charlie??? Brunswick Records BL 54025Williams, Cootie; ???In Hi-Fi??? RCA LPM-1718Williams, Joe; ???Sings About You!??? Roulette R52030Williams, Joe; with the Count Basie Orchestra, ???Everyday I Have the Blues???-Roulette H 52033COMPILATIONSAlbam, Manny and His Orchestra ???A Gallery of Gershwin The First Modern Piano Quartet??? Dick marx, eddie Costa, Hank Jones and Johnny Costa. ??? Coral records CRL 59102 Brubeck, Dave; Desmond, Paul; Van Kriedt, Dave; ???Reunion??? Fantasy 3268Chan, Jackie and Roy Kral . Brunswick BL 54026C., Charlie; ???Saturday Nighth At Charlie C???s. The Speakeasy Sound??? ??? Premier records PS-9002Connor, Chris and Maynard Ferguson ; ???Two???s Company??? Roulette E 52068DEFranco, Buddy and Tommy Gumina Quartet ???Pacific Standard Swingin Time??? Decca DL 4031Getz, Stan; Parker, Charlie; ???The Saxes of Stan Getz and Charlie Parker??? Jazztone J1240Alfred, Hanson and Lee; ???Jazz Young Blood??? Savoy MG-12030Legrand, Michel, ???Legrand Jazz??? with thirty one of America???s Greatest Jazzmen Featuring Miles Davis ??? Columbia CL 1250McGovern, Patty and Thomas Talbert; ???Wednesday???s Child??? Atlantic 1245World Pacific; ???A Taste of the Best From World P
acific??? ??? World Pacific Records Modern Sketches in Jazz; Four of America???s Great Composer???sRichard Rogers, George Gershwin, Cole Porter and Duke Ellington. Coral Records CRL 57272Mulligan, Gerry ; ???Sax Giants??? John Coltrane, Benny Golson, Zoot Sims, Paul Quinichette, Al Cohn, and Phil Woods. United Artists UAL 4081Pisano, Johnny and Billy Dean ???Makin It??? Mood Jazz in Hi-Fi. Decca DL 9206Pisano, Johnny, Hal Gaylor and Fred Katz ???4,5,6 Trio??? Decca DL 9213Russell, Shapero, Giuffre, Mingus, Babbitt, Schuller; ???Modern Jazz Concert??? Columbia WL 127Quinichette, Paul; ???Like Basie!??? Harry Edison, Nat Pierce, Joe Jones, Snooky Young, Shad Collins, Al Grey, Eddie Jones,and Freddie Green.United Artists UAL 402410 INCH RECORDSBley, Paul ; ???Introducing Paul Bley with Charlie Mingus, Art Blakey??? Debut Records DLP-7Christy, June; ???Something Cool??? Capitol Records H516Condon, Eddie; ???We Called It Music??? Decca DL 5246Ellington, Duke; ???Mood Ellington??? Columbia Records CL 6024Peterson, Oscar; ???Oscar Peterson Quartet??? MGC 116Silver, Horace; ???Horace Silver Quintet??? Blue Note 5058 Starr, Kay; ???Starlight, Starbright , Kay Starr Sings??? Crystalette Records CR-4500 Seven Inch RecordEllington, Duke; ???The Duke D.J. Special??? Columbia Records AD43

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    what do they popsike for?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    300ish and 150ish

prolly that?

i wan to keep them though. even though the mobley's a dup.

think i could flip the rest at a shop and get $100? $200?

• i dunno but Paul Bley on Debut w/ Mingus and Blakey sounds
    don't know the monetary value but would love to have/hear it

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Not enough info. That Mobley has a "fake" Lexington press - Lex labels put on a much later mono press. It used to go for $$, but people realized it sounds like crap (not a Van Gelder) master.

If the Mobley is a real OG in NM shape, though, it goes for more than $300

The Beverly Kenney's are $$$ these days, BTW, and the Gryce, Fruscella and a few others aren't too bad, either. Academy would be interested if you're in NYC.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Fatback.......if you really had some sort of insight on what I think you wouldn't have to ask such a little dude question.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Oh, Rock. I just like to hear what people have to say.

I just got back and bought them for $250. Just peeped the first couple for conditions and was blinded by how glossy and clean they are. Have not seen a collection this clean in a long while. A lot of interesting looking West coast type stuff in there. Not sure if the Mobley is 'real'. Almost all are promo stamped though. She said the owner was a famous local AM Jazz DJ from the 50s-60s. I'm so damn greedy, I immediately thought "So where's the rest?"

So I asked her what she was trying to get and she said, "I don't know, but I have another guy coming by in about 30 mins and we'll see which one of you makes the best offer." Sigh. Oh God. No. I threw out $250 and she said, "Sure, OK, but what should I tell the other guy?" Just tell him Frank said , Hi.

She found these records 2 years ago when she was appraising a house after the owner passed. The kids were about to throw them out! She's been sitting on them since then and wondering what to do. That's a little more than I hoped to pay, but I can break even at the worst.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    "Sure, OK, but what should I tell the other guy?" Just tell him Frank said , Hi.

This is true swagger.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Oh, Rock. I just like to hear what people have to say.

I just got back and bought them for $250. Just peeped the first couple for conditions and was blinded by how glossy and clean they are. Have not seen a collection this clean in a long while. A lot of interesting looking West coast type stuff in there. Not sure if the Mobley is 'real'. Almost all are promo stamped though. She said the owner was a famous local AM Jazz DJ from the 50s-60s. I'm so damn greedy, I immediately thought "So where's the rest?"

So I asked her what she was trying to get and she said, "I don't know, but I have another guy coming by in about 30 mins and we'll see which one of you makes the best offer." Sigh. Oh God. No. I threw out $250 and she said, "Sure, OK, but what should I tell the other guy?" Just tell him Frank said , Hi.

She found these records 2 years ago when she was appraising a house after the owner passed. The kids were about to throw them out! She's been sitting on them since then and wondering what to do. That's a little more than I hoped to pay, but I can break even at the worst.

You should make most of your money back on the Barbara Lea LP alone.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    depending on pressings there is some good stuff in there, $250 is a great score if the $$$ ones are originals.