Let The Right One In b/w Happy Days

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
No point in starting 2 different threads in a row.1. Let The Right One In. The Swedish Vampire movie that people are creaming their pants over. People are calling it the best vampire movie ever and shit. but to me it was just kind of another boring vampire movie. the only good vampire movie i've seen in a long time was 30 days of night, because those vampires were actually badass and scary instead of night owls with an eating disorder like most vampire movies. Plus, even a quick glimpse of 12 year old lady crotch makes me a little uncomfortable. I mean, I know they are swedish and I have my puritanical american hang-ups, but still.... 12 year old beaver is not something I need in my movies.But in the end, it was worth watching just for the pool scene in the end.2. I have a hankering to watch happy days all of a sudden and I looked it up on tv guide and nobody shows happy days anymore? not even on tvland? feel free to discuss either one.

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts
    that was not 12 year old beaver though, that was 12 year old area where there used to be a penis

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    REALLY???????????

SERIOUSLY??????

that went right over my head....

SERIOUSLY????

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I just watched this the other night, and I stopped it...obviously just in time to miss the 12 year old crotch...whew...

should I finish it?

:watch instantly headz know the transaction:

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I "watched instantly" too....

I looked on IMDB and Ham is right.

I guess I was supposed to understand that that scar indicated that there used to be a penis, and also notice that there was no "slit" where the vahjayjay was supposed to be. Thats a lot to notice in a 1 second beave shot.

That Oskar kid is going to have some major "does this make me gay?" type issues in a few years.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    i thought this was stunning. not only visually (c'mon, that opening scene in the forest was deadly) but it also made me think a lot (symbolically) about terrorism and terrorists.

two other great vampire movies: shadow of the vampire and dracula: pages from a virgin's diary. you will likely find these boring if you didn't like 'let the right one in', though.

don't get me wrong, i like good badass vampire movies too...but they're hard to come by. nightwatch was decent. didn't see daywatch...