MOTU 828 MKII

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Any of you'z use this firewire interface device?I can't get sound out of the headphones for some reason and It did not come with a manual.Their web site wants 20 bucks for it. Thanks to any one who can help.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I don't have a mark 2 but the 1st iteration. mmmmmm check the settings on your DAW, there should also be a "monitor" knob check that... I'm the worst with this schitt but never had that problem. Love the interface though, been using it forever

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Never used the 828, but I just logged into their site because I've registered one of their products before. Was hoping to grab a pdf for you, but no dice. No manual downloads at all, no email support, and the only support they do is through their webforms, and then only for products you've registered with them. Thats gotta be one of the most draconian support policies I've ever seen.

Like Johnny said, unless it has some sort of separate headphone or monitor mix it sounds like a hardware issue if no sound is coming out at all. Sorry dude, good luck with their customer support...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Never used the 828, but I just logged into their site because I've registered one of their products before. Was hoping to grab a pdf for you, but no dice. No manual downloads at all, no email support, and the only support they do is through their webforms, and then only for products you've registered with them. Thats gotta be one of the most draconian support policies I've ever seen.

Like Johnny said, unless it has some sort of separate headphone or monitor mix it sounds like a hardware issue if no sound is coming out at all. Sorry dude, good luck with their customer support...

I got this off eBay for a $100 with no manual... so I ain't mad. And I was even interested in buying the manual (seeing I got a sick deal on this thing)... but they want my life story and serial number and shit and this is way too much typing and research. I'll play around tonight. Thanks dudes!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Hey Raj

I used to have that interface... If i remember right you have to push the volume knob in and it will switch to headphone volume (on the LED) and then you can adjust from there. It should be a really straightforward solution , it is doubtful that the headphone output is totally busted.