I hate women

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
anybody got a link to that classique thread?Was it Hemol? Who was it? The person who said he hated women because they mislead you into thinking they are cool and that they love music and then you get to their house and she's got Terrence Trent Darby's greatest hits.

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    That was someone newer than Hemol (whom despite starting some questionable threads would likely never start one disparaging women for something so trivial). I can't recall who it was, though.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    i feel like it was a similar name. He was British maybe? He was mad and serious too.

no offense to you Hemol. I think the names might be similar. I could be totally wrong.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Sorry for snitching but it was skel

hilarious!

• Happy Birthday T***y!!!

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

hilarious!

great thread! classique!

• Happy Birthday Controller 7

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    He was British maybe? He was mad and serious too.

• Hey you will be delighted to know that I have to displace myself to the glories of Mumbai on Friday, and not back til late May (work-R)! - although the occasional sortie back to Blighty might be do-able.

Since no-one came through with hot digging spots a month or so back when I asked for them, I must go in blind armed only with a rinked copy of Monsoon 'Ever So Lonely' as a visual identification aid.

p.s. props to Duderonomy and Chizzle above - two of the coolest dudes on the planet

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

hilarious!

great thread! classique!

Really? Does it get better after page two? The initial post made me laugh because it was poking fun at a stereotype, but the responses are bad looks all around. I'm embarrassed that the prevailing notion on SS seems to be that it's the man's job to take his little lady by the arm and introduce her to the wonderful world of real music. Yeesh.

• I'm embarrassed that the prevailing notion on SS seems to be that it's the man's job to take his little lady by the arm and introduce her to the wonderful world of real music. Yeesh.

haha, spot on!

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts

hilarious!

great thread! classique!

Really? Does it get better after page two? The initial post made me laugh because it was poking fun at a stereotype, but the responses are bad looks all around. I'm embarrassed that the prevailing notion on SS seems to be that it's the man's job to take his little lady by the arm and introduce her to the wonderful world of real music.

total embarrassment.
    i am used to knowing more about music than most men i meet. i don't care really, it's your thing do what you want to do. and on that note a lot of men who know about records don't know shit about music and are just shit-talking hoarders, more consumed with competing and taking pictures of their shelves than with enjoying what they have. yawn.

• Sorry for snitching but it was skel

hilarious!

great thread! classique!

Really? Does it get better after page two? The initial post made me laugh because it was poking fun at a stereotype, but the responses are bad looks all around. I'm embarrassed that the prevailing notion on SS seems to be that it's the man's job to take his little lady by the arm and introduce her to the wonderful world of real music.

total embarrassment.
    i am used to knowing more about music than most men i meet. i don't care really, it's your thing do what you want to do. and on that note a lot of men who know about records don't know shit about music and are just shit-talking hoarders, more consumed with competing and taking pictures of their shelves than with enjoying what they have. yawn.

That's pretty damn spot on.
    But hoarding is still cool.

Hey you will be delighted to know that I have to displace myself to the glories of Mumbai on Friday, and not back til late May (work-R)! - although the occasional sortie back to Blighty might be do-able.

Since no-one came through with hot digging spots a month or so back when I asked for them, I must go in blind armed only with a rinked copy of Monsoon 'Ever So Lonely' as a visual identification aid.

Can't help you with Mumbai, but your first drink back is on me.

And this
    is just further proof that Brits "invented eccentricity" - deal muthers!

- deal muthers!

Oh, and that shouldn't be read as hatt towards the fairer sex. I have 'mad love' for the ladies, and my girl knows more about music than me by a long shot.

Aaaaaaanyway, off to pub for the Arsenal game.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Hey you will be delighted to know that I have to displace myself to the glories of Mumbai on Friday, and not back til late May (work-R)! - although the occasional sortie back to Blighty might be do-able.

p.s. props to Duderonomy and Chizzle above - two of the coolest dudes on the planet

check pm's re: mumbai.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

hilarious!

great thread! classique!

total embarrassment.

That's pretty damn spot on.
    But hoarding is still cool.

Ha... yeah, one can hoard and still appreciate the music (points at self)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    on that note a lot of men who know about records don't know shit about music and are just shit-talking hoarders, more consumed with competing and taking pictures of their shelves than with enjoying what they have. yawn.

this, QFT

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Please to make one of these the new forum title.

a lot of men who know about records don't know shit about music

or

shit-talking hoarders

or

consumed with competing and taking pictures of their..

thanks.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    new forum title

shit-talking hoarders

Yes!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

hilarious!

great thread! classique!

total embarrassment.

Shelf envy!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yeah, that topic was pretty weak.

Now, a thread about how women will smoke pot with you
    until you start going out with them, only to say "actually,
    I don't really smoke pot - I just thought you wanted me to"
    would be a topic worthy of discussion.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm always chattin bitches up and then the conversation of course turns to tenor banjos, and of course they don't shit about tenor banjo and then i'm all like "damn you bitches are dumb".

its a lonely life.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    Mumbai

pm sent.