›

home portable repair

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
i am going to figure out how to fix these dang blasted things.anyone know of internet sites that breakdown the basic electronic skills needed?i looked around and couldnt find anything that directly assessed record player repair...especially not battery powered record repairi did come across this decent site:http://www.dustygizmos.com/soulstrut, we can figure this shit out.i know many of yall have malfunctioning equipment add on relevant websites or useful informationi also remember seeing a site that walked you through installing headphones in fisherprice joints.

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    daamn, yall weak.

i know how to soder.

im not sure what to do if the motors are out or erratic.

look for belts, make sure they are on and intact.

spray contact cleaner (a pencil eraser isnt bad either)

ummm...wat the F*ck else?

• I have a soundburger that plays too slow, not sure what the problem is, but I can't even get at the inside cos I can't figure out how to remove the platter (there's no screws or anything for it). Lemme know if you figure out how to fix a problem like that (the platter playing too slow).

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Check out the Audiokarma forums.
    They have a DIY board.
    Great forums & they can certainly sort you out.

I have a soundburger that plays too slow, not sure what the problem is, but I can't even get at the inside cos I can't figure out how to remove the platter (there's no screws or anything for it). Lemme know if you figure out how to fix a problem like that (the platter playing too slow).

i have a soundburger that has a problem too. i forget what it is...havent fucked with it in years. i'll report back if i hear something about that. sounds like it must be the motor.

Check out the Audiokarma forums.
    They have a DIY board.
    Great forums & they can certainly sort you out.

my main man quo
    i knew youd be the repository of some solid advice
    will check out that forum as i procrastinate with schoolwork tonight

just remembered, we need to get a apb out to joemojo...if that motherucker can build a spaceship, he damn sure can help us with some 1960s phonographic tinkering