I Love Motorhead (mix releated)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Ive been a Motorhead fan for nearly 25 years, I love 'em...one of the most disappointing moments in my life was when I was 15 and I was getting my chance to see them for the first time (They were opening for Alice Cooper). I went all out, I made a giant bedsheet banner to hold up at the show...I was excited to say the least. Then a promoter dude came out on stage, and said "Im sorry but Motorhead will not be performing tonight due to visa and customs problems...so here in their place is Tora Tora! BOOOOO HISSSSSSS BOOOOOO...I was bummed. Tora Tora sucks. I finally got to see them 10 years later though.Anywho, I realized I hadnt digitized my Motorhead collection, so I spent my day off today doing just that and while i was at it, I made mix of my favorite Motorhead tunes to share. This is meant to be played very loud...I even started off the mix with their first single, which happens to be a Motown cover, so there is at least a little something strut worthy about the mix...I realize this isnt everyone's cuppa...enjoyhttp://www.divshare.com/download/7060060-007TRACKLISTLeaving Here Motorhead White Line FeverOverkillStay CleanIll be Your Sister(I wont) Pay Your PriceBomberStone Dead ForeverSweet RevengeSharpshooterPlease Dont TouchLove me Like a ReptileShoot You In The Back(We Are) The Road CrewLimb form LimbJailbaitThe HammerIron FistShut it Down(Dont let em) Grind You DownBack At The Funny FarmShineMean MachineKilled By Death

Comments

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I'm mucho excited for this. Thanks!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Thanx for this!
    Weekend saved. Come Easter Monday the neighbors are going to hate my guts...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I have been listening to Motorhead all week long, pretty much non-stop. I have been a fan since high school when I saw them on The Young Ones one Sunday night! Scary, but that is over 20 years ago! I just found a cheap Orgasmatron t-shirt about two weeks ago as well, so I guess the moon is in the House of Lemmy!

I will forgive that you don't have my fave, "Over the Top" on here, hard decisions must be made, and I will rock this on the train to work tomorrow.

Motorhead is the goddamn truth.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    f*ckin a YES! Thanks for this.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Been a huge fan for years. I saw them at the old Ritz (NYC) in the late 80's - f*ckin' awesome.

When my friend and I left the club it was like walking into an aquarium - we couldn't hear shit!

Around that time my friend and I were determined to make the ultimate Motorhead tape. We stayed up all night, with some assistance which won't be mentioned, choosing the right cuts and best order. When the tape was done we were listening to it and all the sudden, during the last tune, my system went silent. I looked up and each of my two speakers was exhaling a perfect smoke ring.

Mission accomplished.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Have ridden since forever. Moon deffo in the house of Lemmy. I was reminiscing about Mot??rhead as I put these bad boys on me Rockhopper yesterday:

I even invented a mime to the chorus of "Iron Fist" when I was super-bored on some programming gig. The first time I did it, other dude witnessing it tries to keep a poker face.

Then all his coffee came pouring out of his nose.

Mission accomplished.

Thanks for this dude.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    In the spirit of Easter, I would like to provide this link:

http://soundtracksandmore.blogspot.com/2008/02/motorhead-discography.html

do with it as you see fit.

I recommend '1916' for fans, as it has 2 of my faves on it despite being a late entry. 'Angel City' and 'Flying Down to Rio' will rock your face clean off. I feel how Lemmy looks when I listen to these tracks (which is to say AWESOME).

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    there is at least a little something strut worthy about the mix
    In the words of your girl Martika, more than you know: perennial 'strut whipping boy Bill Laswell handled production on the mighty mighty Orgasmatron. Motorhead: validated!

One afternoon I came home from middle school to find my mom on the phone with one of her friends and my Orgasmatron tape on the kitchen counter. I started sweating, because I figured she must have found it when she was cleaning my room or something, read the "sex-type" title, saw the "demonic" cover, and was planning to give me A Talking-To About It All as soon as I came in, but got interrupted by a phone call from her girl Louise. I pocketed the tape when she wasn't looking, and as soon as she got off the phone, started fillibustering about all manner of senseless bullshit ("Who were you talking to? Oh yeah, how is she? You'll never guess what happened at school today...Hey, do we have any of that soup left? Boy, it's hot out...") in an attempt to take her mind off the whole thing. It worked at the time, but I think she pulled it out of her quiver at a later date in the course of busting me for some other infraction ("...and on top of that, what is the story with all of these awful...these tapes I keep finding in your room?!").

A little later, I was trying to go see Motorhead at some semi-local smallish venue, but I made the mistake of showing her the flyer, which had "Opening Act: The Homo Factory Workers," which did not fly with my quite-conservative mom. I made the kind of argument that only desperate teens can make: "No, see, it's okay--it's not what you think. Like, the guys themselves are not homos, mom; there's a homo factory, see, and these guys just work there..."). It was the kind of thing that was so horrible and so ridiculous that for a minute there I think I actually left my body and was looking down at myself blithering on, having taken a big bite of this rotten apple and now having to watch myself chew it. I gave it my best/worst, but like Harry Crews says, I knew I didn't have no show. My man Andy ended up going, and Motorhead didn't show up, so my only real lasting memory of the whole thing is this greasy, awful, ultimately unsuccessful sales pitch to my mom where I said "homo" a lot.

Anyway, I love Motorhead, and haven't listened to them in a while. Thanks very much for the mix.

• PlantweedPlantweed 394 Posts
    No Remorse is one of the few best-ofs that can play right through and stand up to the studio albums.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I think she pulled it out of her quiver at a later date in the course of busting me for some other infraction

Damn, my parents always did this. Weeks after an incident they would come at me, usually once I was feeling comfortable, like right before a good meal when I was really hungry.

"So we found this in your room."

Then I would just sit there and watch everyone eat.