song 4 ur funeral that celebrates life

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
this thread was done a while ago, and i remember thinking then that it was such a morbid concept... i dont recall the songs mentioned...but there are cultures that suggest meditating on your "completeness" in this world so that it may help u to focus properly on your daily activities so that youre inspired to make moves. i dont know if it's a sterotype, but i've heard that the irish do something of a celebration at the end of one's occupancy in life, and i think that is the best way to go about it.anyhow, im curious about songs that you would find would be a celebration of your life on earth. like if your were in another state,and u were in attendance, your head would still bop to the tunage played, whatever the song, perhaps its the lyrics, perhaps its just the tone of the song, doesnt really matter, but im interested in your choices.i'l start with one that comes go mind by groove armada - at the river:

Comments

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts

Strangers by the Kinks

A friends and i had joked years and years ago about wanting to entertain at the same time...
    I wanted Carmina Burana and when it starts to reach it's peak the top half of my body would prop up from the coffin and a puppet master above would make me robot along!!
    Thought it was hi-larious at the time....still kinda do....when i visualise it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Please, no music at my funeral.

Songs that sum up life nicely:
    The aforementioned Satisfied Mind, I think I would go with PF Sloan's version.
    In My Life - Beatles, I like Judy Collins version too.

I like songs about death. You hearing me?
    Hush, Somebody's Calling My Name - Golden Gate Quartet
    Soon One Morning, Death Come Creeping In The Room
    Oh Death - Ralph Stanley

• I'll stick with Ralph Stanley, but different cuts:

Dark:
    Rank Stranger

Upbeat:
    Angel Band

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

The title track from this album "Happy Just To Be Like I Am". Many songs from this album have the most positive vibe to them that I can think of.