P90X. Who's done it?

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Did you "bring it"? My coworker has loaned me the videos since I have expressed an interest in shedding a few "baby pounds". Hard to make time for exercise with a baby that is always demanding your attention. Plus I travel for work so there will be weeks where I won't be able to "BRING IT".I watched the introduction video last night, "HOW TO BRING IT". The douchey-ness of the host made me uncomfortable. The usage of "x" is SO 90s.anybody try this shit?

Comments

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Just bought it. Schitt is mad intense. Basically an hour workout, every day for 90 days. I will poast my "before" and "after" pictures later.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    works if you keep up with it
    its just 90 days of strict workouts, how could that not work if you stick with it

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    You know, I need something that can give me a good energy burst when I get home, but that won't make me throw up or something. Also something thats not just loaded with sugar and shit.

But at the end of the day I'm tired, so it would be nice to take something that would give me a boost of energy for an hour or 2.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I dunno, isn't it just like a pullup bar and a shit load of dvds? I'm sure it works because working out a shit ton works, but I doubt there's anything magical to it.

I would advise you to go run and then lift. If the program is intense and you are a beginner there's no way you will stick with it so its basically useless to kill yourself.

Better to start slow and keep with it.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Yeah, its just exercise videos basically, and a pullup bar helps. I'm sure it works because its exercise, I just wondered if anybody else had done it.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    D*zzy, you should try running immediately after work. I started doing this a couple months ago and it makes it much easier for me to stick with. I knew that if I went home first (or even sat in my car to drive somewhere else to run) then I would lose motivation. I started bringing a change of clothes and running a few laps around my area (I work downtown).

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I actually used to that too. Here's the thing... the wife and I want to work out together.... and spend time with the baby, so I was thinking instead of using weights we could just toss the baby around or something...

p.s. I've been waiting along time for somebody to write "D*zzy" with the star.

Runnin won't get you ripped though.

• From what I understand, it's three days of resistance training and three days of cardio (alternating). You rest a day then start over. I'd be very surprised if you could go from zero to six days a week right away, though.

• i have p90x+ if anybody wants a copy. not as many dvds as the original.

From what I understand, it's three days of resistance training and three days of cardio (alternating). You rest a day then start over. I'd be very surprised if you could go from zero to six days a week right away, though.

That is basically correct. It focuses on the principle of "muscle confusion" -- basically a different workout every day so your muscles don't get accustomed to the exercises and hence no "plateau" effect.