EASTER WEEKEND FINDS NO EEGS JUST WACKZZZZZ!

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
ran into some rolling stone thingys, virtually untouched, looks like early pressings, no flip backs but still, anybody know stuff bout rolling stones around here related...?few other easter flea thangs

Comments

• what's that Aynsley Dunbar like??

stuffs:

MERRYWEATHER & CAREY - "vaccum cleaner" (been after a copy for a while - -very excellent funky rock. the track 'five days on the trail' is aces - recognised it from some mixes)
    JOHN RENBORN (finally a charity shop coughs up something decent for a quid!! lovely medieval-banquet vibes)
    MASSIERA COMP (FK goes from strength to strength... strong!)
    KEEF HARTLEY - "overdog" (another long time want - - def the best KH record i've heard. although i don't own 'lancashire hustler'- -any cop?)

45's:
    PULLED APART BY HORSES - "meat balloons" (new band that i discovered by stumbling across an amazing video online. heavy riffage with daft lyrics. great artwork)
    GRUPA ABC ep (two cracking songs on here - - very similar sound to the s/t LP)
    WILD BILLY CHILDISH - "who do you think you are kidding mr hitler" (ska-version of the 'dad's army' theme.)
    ANAGRAM JAM ep (i guess this'll have to do until i luck-out on one of the LPs)
    FANCY - "touch me" (fun glam sounds - very simialr to 'wild thing')
    J.P.MASSIERA - "bonne annee"
    ELECTRIC INDIAN - "Land of 1000 dances" (pretty fun - not my cup of tea though)
    OPOLE 76 (a kindly seller chucked this in for free - later Halina Frackowiak tracks - about as good as you'd expect. nice thought, though)

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    what's that Aynsley Dunbar like??

vocal bluesrock album, on first listen not really feeling it..

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    anybody know stuff bout rolling stones around here related...?

What do the labels look like? Unboxed Decca logos are going to be worth more.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Besides the Cal Robert (still waiting for my price czech on aisle 3) I found one of these this morning -

Besides the Cal Robert (still waiting for my price czech on aisle 3) I found one of these this morning -

NICE!!! now WHY cant i find records like that???

anybody know stuff bout rolling stones around here related...?

What do the labels look like? Unboxed Decca logos are going to be worth more.

yeah thanks, red decca labels, out of our heads and no. 2 has unboxed logos and the s/t has boxed

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

MERRYWEATHER & CAREY - "vaccum cleaner" (been after a copy for a while - -very excellent funky rock. the track 'five days on the trail' is aces - recognised it from some mixes)

is that UK or USA press? ive been after that so long but have never even seen a picture of it before, and know almost nothing about it besides the music is good. 5 days kills!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Great tunes on both sides of this one... too bad it's a styrene press (at least mine is)

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

is that UK or USA press? ive been after that so long but have never even seen a picture of it before, and know almost nothing about it besides the music is good. 5 days kills!

great funky rock record
    ...they wont take me baaaaack to jaaaaaail

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Ghettoest record buying situation ever: looking thru 45s in a black garbage bag on the corner of 72nd and MacArthur. People driving by in their 'Lacs were like "WHOA!".

Thee fynds:

Really digging that Aaron Neville from '66!

• Ghettoest record buying situation ever: looking thru 45s in a black garbage bag on the corner of 72nd and MacArthur. People driving by in their 'Lacs were like "WHOA!".

72nd and MacArthur is soft!

• minimini 879 Posts

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    Bought a Jazz collection yesterday (bought 90lps) of a guy who had a radio show for 25yrs amazing condition too considering many of the Lps were 40-50yrs old

• MERRYWEATHER & CAREY - "vaccum cleaner" (been after a copy for a while - -very excellent funky rock. the track 'five days on the trail' is aces - recognised it from some mixes)

yeah, its awesome - -there's a really tasty breakbeat on one of the other better cuts on there- "shop around" - -if you're into that sort of thing! ...can be had on 45.

this one is the UK press on RCA

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Ghettoest record buying situation ever: looking thru 45s in a black garbage bag on the corner of 72nd and MacArthur. People driving by in their 'Lacs were like "WHOA!".

72nd and MacArthur is soft!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

yeah, its awesome - -there's a really tasty breakbeat on one of the other better cuts on there- "shop around" - -if you're into that sort of thing! ...can be had on 45.

that awesome , I didn't know Shop Around was on 45... imagine a 2 sider of that with 'five days on the trail'....

Karl.. there is a Canadian press as well , that's the one I have. You will find a copy one of these days , I guarantee it.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    SHALOM BREDRIN! greetings to all my revelers of Passover. glad to break matzoh with y'all. here are my finds. oy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Little Kirk - ghetto people broke ( strong album here!)
    12 Tribes Showcase LP
    the 12's are Terry Ganzie on Far East Riddim and Spragga Benz - She no ready yet

that awesome , I didn't know Shop Around was on 45... imagine a 2 sider of that with 'five days on the trail'....

Karl.. there is a Canadian press as well , that's the one I have. You will find a copy one of these days , I guarantee it.

"..things are gonna change, i can feel it." (Beck 'Loser'-R)

• TomOTomO 169 Posts

few other easter flea thangs

Nice finds upskiboo, got to be impressed with DJNevilleC's digging too - not just 1619 BAB LP, but it's the first press as well, if I'm correct (Graxam was second?)

Anyway - I've got that Paul Humphrey record, one of his best in my opinion - for 'Detroit' and 'Funky LA'

I only mentioned that record because it was only yesterday that I messed around with one of the breaks from it (not very well but it was a bit rushed) on a new mix:

DJ OYIMBO - What Is Funk?

listening right now, yo man.. greeat funky beats, cool vocs, the what is funk title reminds me of those interludes on that sweet ass funk dells record, some smoked sugar in there too i think it is bump me or was it eleventh house , yeah i always pick that humphrey up if i see it for cheap, nice joint, had a few other things on that label.. not sure if there is other really good slept on shit on lizzard?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    FRantic. off kilter psych record on Lizard...not that great though but it has a couple moments.
    clydie king is ok too.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    A recent trip around my province and a late visit to an antique fair (hello Wayne McGhie).

• what's that jayson hoover like?

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    Thanks man - yeah, the Smoked Sugar is a loop of 'Bump Me'!
    And I overdubbed some clavinet on 'Blessed Are Those Who Struggle' - I haven't decided whether it works or not, but I thought I'd try it!
    The Paul Humphrey is the only record I've got on Lizard. Maybe I should check out more - but I only really got that one for Paul Humphrey's drumming.

A recent trip around my province and a late visit to an antique fair (hello Wayne McGhie).

waiiit a minute... an OG?!?!?!? y? n?

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    Oh yeah picked up a copy of
    Paging Dj Sheep

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

waiiit a minute... an OG?!?!?!? y? n?