Shipping to Japan (RR)

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Mmmm, I dropped the price on a hip-hop record I had listed on discogs and within half an hour it's been snapped up... fine, I wanted to shift it. However the buyer is in Japan, I'll probably need to send it special delivery, insured etc etc and I don't have much experience with Japanese buyers/costs etc.I know this isn't France, but insured is probably a must, right?Any UK strutters know the best way to ship? Royal Mail, or courier?

Comments

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    if there is one place in the world where you dont have to worry about the post office f*cking you over, it's Japan.
    ...on the way to Japan may be a different story however.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Do not worry. Ship it off normal airmail and you'll be fine. Japanese buyers are rad.

• royal mail do a really good service internationally, its the royal mail signed for international service, it'll cost you an arm and a leg tho- close to ??12 for 1 LP but you can get it insured to ??500 for that much and if they lose it, they'll give you the value of your record without any long claims process. That said, every record i've shipped to Japan i've sent by just regular airmail and not one of them has been lost ever, sometimes they've got there faster than 2nd class post internally in the UK too!