DJ Insurance (??)

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
I am being asked to DJ a friend's wedding in September and the venue wants proof of liability insurance.Apparently, they are worried that I am the one Raj Mahal and the very awesomeness of my DJ skillz might insight a riot or burn the house down.Do you career DJs have insurance?

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    you smash turntables like dj swamp raj?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I thought you thinking about changing your DJ name to "DJ Insurance".

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I think the answer last time was to get an agency to cover you for a short period. And pay them a cut.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Ask Fatback, he had to deal with this. I think he paid $150 for a years worth of coverage. Get your friends to pay for it though, since I assume you are not getting paid.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    shit....friend or not, you better get paid if youre djing a wedding. if it was a friend id MUCH rather jus be in the crowd having a good time, eating, drinking and being an overall girl ogling degenerate

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    shit....friend or not, you better get paid if youre djing a wedding. if it was a friend id MUCH rather jus be in the crowd having a good time, eating, drinking and being an overall girl ogling degenerate

Depends on how good the friend is and how much money they do or do not have. The friends I would bail out of jail at 3am no questions asked, are the ones whose wedding I would DJ for free. Hopefully I wouldn't have to do both in the same night though.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I think you can place a policy for just one night but as I recall the cost is similar to what Larry just quoted for an entire year's premium

Damn man I gotta start doing it right

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    say you are self-insured and send them a pic of your mansion and yacht

• shit....friend or not, you better get paid if youre djing a wedding. if it was a friend id MUCH rather jus be in the crowd having a good time, eating, drinking and being an overall girl ogling degenerate

thank you!!
    ive been telling this to my friends that are getting married in 2 weeks. im trying to get them to get another dj in addition to me so i will be able to enjoy some of the wedding with the rest of our friends instead of working the whole f*cking time.

the wife keeps saying some shit about a "basket" from her mom for payment, my only question was "is there money in that basket?"

oh yeah and if they think im wearing a suit to dj their wedding for free they got another thing coming

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    LOL.
    tell her mom to put the lotion in the basket or else she gets the hose again

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    LOL.
    tell her mom to put the lotion in the basket or else she gets the hose again

hahahhaa....

i think it depends price would depend on how much the insurance policy has to be according to those who are asking. a friend and i are DJing at princeton and he dropped some loot just to get the coverage they were asking for. i've never dealt with that shit though personally.