A disturbing trend

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
All over everywhere I am seeing kids under 12 years old with mohawks. It looks cool as hell but I can't help but think that parents are putting them up to these shenanigans. How young is too young for a mohawk? I believe a kid can't really make an informed haircut choice until about 10 years old. Until then it's strictly this.

Comments

• Grandpa.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    when I was 8 I wanted a flat top to be just like my favorite rappers, thats when I got my first taste of nappy reality.

Years later the Jewfro would serve as overcompensation

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Grandpa.

That was in fact a nickname of mine for awhile.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    not as disturbing as those metro fag faux hawks.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Please refer to them as something else... like "Beckhams"

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Take the faux hawk beckham wig talk to another thread. this thread is about child hair abuse and the like. Savvy.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Take the faux hawk beckham wig talk to another thread. this thread is about child hair abuse and the like. Savvy.

living in the south, with the white trash population very high, you see a lot of kiddos who have buzzcuts with a mullet back piece down to the middle of their backs and lots of rat-tails(yes there are sections of this city where time froze in 1985)..I would rather see a kid with a mohawk.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    poeple with faux hawks "beckhams" are children IMO.

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    I would have to agree with the age of consent being minimum of 10 years old for the haircut.

Quite possibly these little kiddies want a mohawk because its all over TV now and has become part of pop culture. Its whats "cool"

When I was a kid i thought rat tails were cool so I got one

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

living in the south, with the white trash population very high, you see a lot of kiddos who have buzzcuts with a mullet back piece down to the middle of their backs and lots of rat-tails(yes there are sections of this city where time froze in 1985)..

when I was staying in Nashville I was told they are known as "Tennessee waterfalls"

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    so who's got a photo of that kid with the 'bart simpson' haircut?? Someone has got to know what I am talking about...

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    WTF??

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

living in the south, with the white trash population very high, you see a lot of kiddos who have buzzcuts with a mullet back piece down to the middle of their backs and lots of rat-tails(yes there are sections of this city where time froze in 1985)..I would rather see a kid with a mohawk.

Kids like that are usually named Cody or Dylan too

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    dunno homie shits pretty disturbing

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

I went to Dallas last weekend and there were pink polos everywhere. Now they just need to turn the collar up.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

fatback?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I would have to agree with the age of consent being minimum of 10 years old for the haircut.

Quite possibly these little kiddies want a mohawk because its all over TV now and has become part of pop culture. Its whats "cool"

When I was a kid i thought rat tails were cool so I got one

Rat tails have had so much more influence than the advent of the faux hawk, to compare the two is to truly demonstrate your ignorance of the hair styles in particular and of hair trends in pop culture in general. I feel sorry for all of you.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Is that and old picture of JEL or Archaic?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    When I was six I really wanted a mohawk and my dad wouldn't let me get one.

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    My folks were cool about the haircuts. They let me get whatever I wanted. Anybody ever get steps? I had the steps shaved in for a while, then, a Batman logo, then the number 11. I had the double mohawk going on one summer. Then I switched to dying it a different color every week or so. By the time I hit 15 I had tried every kind of haircut I could think of. I have had normal looking haircuts ever since. My kids can rock whatever hairdo they want.

It's is a great (non-permanent) way to express yourself.

• when I was staying in Nashville I was told they are known as "Tennessee waterfalls"

never that.

in nashville, we call those KENTUCKY waterfalls!

• mohawks on kids are wack

mohawks on adults are wack

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    when I was staying in Nashville I was told they are known as "Tennessee waterfalls"

never that.

in nashville, we call those KENTUCKY waterfalls!

I think he meant "Tennessee Tophat."

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Mohawks ended with this guy

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

• thats that dude DJ AM right? ive never heard dude..just know of him since he dates that dumb broad, but I am curious to what kind of music dude plays? Is he anygood-skillwise? tastewise?

• I think he meant "Tennessee Tophat Tuxedo."