knuckle merchants and you bankers, too

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
a five minute song on tv! no lip-synching! amazingly crisp and tight drumming! one of the greatest bands of all time!

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Funny, was just talking about this record today. So good.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    the 12" with Magnificent Dance is

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    There is supposed to be a movie about Joe Strummer coming out soon. Some ex employees of mine are writing the soundtrack

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    they better do right!!

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts

a five minute song on tv! no lip-synching! amazingly crisp and tight drumming! one of the greatest bands of all time!

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVE ALL TIME SONGS!! THANKS BASSIE!! Always coming through with the goods!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    People may have noticed I'm not a big rock fan.

Been listening to the Clash all week.

They are good.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Billy Childish > The Clash

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Billy Childish > The Clash

uhh, no. Billy Childish has like 3 or 4 songs, rerecorded 500 to 600 times. A righteous dude, sure, but he is no Clash or Strummer.

I love the Clash but "Sandinista" is awful IMO...those songs presented live like in that video are a lot better then the album versions...I tried to sit through it the other day after not listening to it for a decade or so, thinking it may have gotten better, my ears changed, etc...nope still awful.

That said..in the 'ol "you are having a dinner party and can invite anyone alive or dead" game Joe Strummer is and has always been on the top of my guest list...

I heart the Clash.