Motor Vehicle Strut!!

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
let's talk cars. i am in the market for a new one. i dont want to buy a cheap boxy economy joint but im not looking for luxuryi bought a Mazda Protege 5 in 02 and i made it 210k miles so far. no problems. only beef i had was its low profile tires which dont last and require ONE SIZE ONLY...theyre expensivei was looking into a Mazda 6. they are a little on the upper end of what id bay. base starts at 18k or so. but im sure im gonna want some featureswhat are ya'll driving? what are you all feeling?mass transit crew need not apply!

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    let's talk cars. i am in the market for a new one. i dont want to buy a cheap boxy economy joint but im not looking for luxury

i bought a Mazda Protege 5 in 02 and i made it 210k miles so far. no problems. only beef i had was its low profile tires which dont last and require ONE SIZE ONLY...theyre expensive

i was looking into a Mazda 6. they are a little on the upper end of what id bay. base starts at 18k or so. but im sure im gonna want some features

what are ya'll driving? what are you all feeling?

mass transit crew need not apply!

You need a DeLorean!

If it were me I'd pick up the Consumer Reports car guide and start there.

BTW I think the 3's got rated much better than the 6's.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    98 Saturn wagon.
    Love it.
    It is nearing 130,000 and we have put a lot of dollars in this last year.
    Has a drive CHAIN instead of a belt.
    Cost a lot to replace.
    Speaking of chains, you can't put chains on because of clearance.

We bought it off the lot.
    First time I ever owned a car that was less than 10 years old.
    We wanted to buy a new Toyota but the sales person wouldn't tell us how much he would sell the car for or how much he would give us for our trade.
    So we walked out.
    Drove a new compact Hyndai, thought the thing would fall apart on the test drive.

Saturn was so nice after the other lots.
    We bought a lease return which had hard to find features we like, such as crank windows and manual door locks.

Still happy. Have not checked mileage for a long time but fairly low, between 24-28 I think. So that could be a lot better.

American car.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    98 Saturn wagon.
    Love it.
    Cost a lot to replace.

We wanted to buy a new Toyota but the sales person wouldn't tell us how much he would sell the car for or how much he would give us for our trade.
    So we walked out.
    Drove a new compact Hyndai, thought the thing would fall apart on the test drive.

We bought a lease return which had hard to find features we like, such as crank windows and manual door locks.

Still happy. Have not checked mileage for a long time but fairly low, between 24-28 I think. So that could be a lot better.

American car.

That was back when Saturns were the shit. Does yours have the fiberglass paneling? I thought that was kind of neat for people who live in cold environments.

I don't think Saturns are sweet like that anymore though. Plus I think they're about done with them, aren't they?

98 Saturn wagon.
    Love it.
    Cost a lot to replace.

So we walked out.

American car.

That was back when Saturns were the shit. Does yours have the fiberglass paneling? I thought that was kind of neat for people who live in cold environments.

I don't think Saturns are sweet like that anymore though. Plus I think they're about done with them, aren't they?

I should have said timing chain, not driving chain.

Yeah, plastic body.

They started as an "independent" company owned by GM.
    Then they became another GM line.
    Then I heard they were going to get the ax in the current restructuring.
    Now I see commercials saying they are the future of the American car.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Motorized bar stool for those who can't pass the bar.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Ive got a Subaru Forester and I love it. Had it for a few years now. Maybe not so luxury, but decent on fuel, etc.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Got a new Toyota Yaris sedan and love it so far.

I also looked at getting a Mazda 6, too. The glove compartment can fit records (about 30-40)!!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    My friend has a Yaris and she loves it too.

Just thought I'd share that