I just seent HAIR 4 tha 1st time.

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Let the sunshine in.b/werrybody is in that flick.Cochese from The WarriorsThat dude w/ the Cowboy hat in Stir Crazy that talks real fast-like in jailThe Sista from Car Wash who wants her boyfriend to go back to school.Neil Carter(Gimmie A ) & Misses Garrett(Facts Of Life).And I swear the Brother/Army Officer who hittin the Falsetto notes in "We Love White Boys" is overdubbed by the lead singer from The Miracles - Billy.

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I think the Army officers in the "We Love White Boys" sequence were the Stylistics.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    A lot of my friends were extras in that movie (you're talkin' movie, not the B-way play, right?) No make-up required, we all looked that way back then.

You could have seen Horseleech in all his hippie glory, too, but I was out of town that weekend and couldn't make the shoot.

I missed being in the background of Jaws for the same reason.

What is probably the most interesting thing about Hair is that it was ten years out of date when it came out in 1979. The hippie movement was practically retro nostalgia by the time this flick was released.

For all that, I remember it being a really good movie.

There used to be a series of books that printed stills and dialogue for movies, and Hair was one of them. This was before VCR's were common, and after a movie left the theaters, unless you saw it in a budget house you didn't see it again for two years, by which time it turned up on TV, edited.

Needless to say, I read that picture book back to front!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    My dad took me to see this when it came out and I dug it. Ironically, dad was a Green Beret in Vietnam and had told me never to join the army.

There used to be a series of books that printed stills and dialogue for movies, and Hair was one of them.

http://people.smu.edu/jamilazz/fotonovels/books.html

Those Fotonovels were pretty damn thorough! Everything I remembered from the movie was in the book. You could get by with these books while waiting for the price of VCR's to come down. Before the advent of video rental places, this wasn't a bad substitute.

Of course, about a year later, an inferior Fotonovel imitator turned up...I forget the name, but the one book I saw in the series was Cheech & Chong's Next Movie...the pictures were in black & white, and the script had dialogue that wasn't there in the first place.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I BEGGED my parents to take me to this even though I was waaaaay too young for it - ahhhh Montreal in the 70s, I probably could have gotten into an Emmanuelle film - a lot of it went over my head, but musically and dance-wise, I loved it. Well, except for the skinny dipping scene; much to my parents amusement, I was SO EMBARRASSED that I just stared into the empty popcorn bucket until it was over. And I was so upset when dude got drafted.

Also, the soundtrack version of Easy To Be Hard is AMAZING.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts