Interview with Joli Robinson!

badnoozbearbadnoozbear 26 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
For all you graffitti, photography heads, you might be familiar with this lady's work!

The Civil Fam got the opportunity to ask model Joli Robinson a few questions. You may have seen her in Estevan Oriol's famous pictures or probably already knew about her. But I'm almost positive you didn't know this much about her..

joli-3

CIVIL: Joli Robinson.. How are you doing today..?

Joli: Doing great-spring is here, you can breath fresh air in the city once again. CIVIL: So what nationality are you?

Joli: I'm a hapa mix - mother is from Hong Kong and father is a mix of a couple euro nationalities. CIVIL: How did you get into modeling?

Joli: My mom modeled for a bit when she was young n lived in Europe. She used to make me and my brother pose all the time as little kids. I hated it. I grew up a real tom boy, but did a real small gig with a department as a teen, and started doing it here and there for fun, and eventually used it as a way to get past being shy. It was always more for fun and getting to travel more than anything.

joli-2 CIVIL: How was it like working with Estevan?

Joli: Estevan is great. I had a lot of his published work I tore out to use as visual reference and inspiration for my own art. After shooting with another photographer in L.A., Este saw pics and wanted to shoot. I pretty much said hell yeah. He's a no bullshit kind of guy. Plus who the hell else is shooting bw portraits like him? He's real dedicated and loyal to his art, and he's got a great heart. He's true to himself and the culture he loves. Plus, he looks like he could rip an organ outta you with his bare hands.

joli-estevanwww.civilclothing.com/blog