Basic Impulse label question

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I noticed that there are two kinds of designs on the labels. There's the one with red "impulse" marked in 4 spots. And then there's the one with ABC written on the side. Is the latter, a later pressing? If so, how much of a difference in price is there generally? thanks.

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    The logo with ABC on the side is the later pressing.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    in a semi-related question: has anyone ever seen "a love supreme" first press in mono? I've been doublechecking all copies I come across for years & haven't come across one yet. I dislike fake stereo panning...

---

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Unless it was released after the change in label designs. '68 or'69.

Dan

• in a semi-related question: has anyone ever seen "a love supreme" first press in mono? I've been doublechecking all copies I come across for years & haven't come across one yet. I dislike fake stereo panning...

---

Yes... They have MONO and STEREO of this LP. It is not a electronic remastered stereo. It was from the era when the released both pressings ( mid 60's ). By the way... white label Impluse pressings from the mid 60's are amazing.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Unless it was released after the change in label designs. '68 or'69.

Ever seen that sloppy-ass hand-drawn ABC/Impulse logo from '73-'74? Like Russell used to say on FAT ALBERT & THE COSBY KIDS: "No class!"

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    white label Impluse pressings from the mid 60's are amazing.

They are also worth a ton of $, huh?