Toronto Heads...footprints related

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
hey, anyone headed to the Rivoli tonight? they're doing the Footprints thing tonight. I went in february and it was delicious. this month's (today's) sounds interesting, should be a lot of it will be nice to hear these songs in a public venue for a change...i used to love catching Jason Palma on college radio (when i used to listen to the radio). anyhow i'l be there, here's the description:FOOTPRINTS Special Edition"ALL TIME CLASSIC HIP HOP SAMPLES"Ah, the warm weather is back...time to come out of hibernation and hit the dancefloor!We bring you a special edition of Footprints this month, featuring some of the ALL TIME CLASSIC SAMPLES IN HIP HOP...and BEYOND.This month we pay homage to arguably the most important component in Hip Hop's sonic equation; the sample. We are digging deep to uncover not only the classic party starters but the uber obscure songs found within our patented mix of JAZZ, SOUL, FUNK, SKA, REGGAE, AFROBEAT, HOUSE, ELECTRO & MORE...Many of us grew up on these tracks through our love of hip hop. We'd hear snippets of them burried underneath a flurry of vocals, usually juxtaposed with an altogether different beat, baseline, melody or all of the above!This month we get down to the real nitty gritty, bringing you the raw, original tracks DJ'ed on nothing but Vinyl 12"s, LPs & 45s.We got a feeling this could be the craziest one yet this year!DJs:Jason Palma (Higher Ground)General Eclectic (Uma Nota)DJ Stuart (aka Basic Soul Unit)Hosted by:Lybido$5 before 11 pm / $10 after

Comments

• Options

I miss footprints parties...

I was a regular there when I was living in Toronto...and Movement parties at Roxy.
    Have fun!

Jason Palma is

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Speaking about Palma. They do a pretty hot night on Tuesdays at Andy Poolhall.

Jason Palma
    DJ Serious
    DJ Dirty Dale

• serious is killing it forever. catch him with dopey for full effect.