Paypal Questions (Chargeback R)

3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
I'm about to sell a $200 record and i just wanna make sure i ain't gonna be fucked..1) if someone offers you to buy a record outside of discogs/ eBay whateverso you could save the fee of whatever platform your selling on would that be more/ less safe in terms of seller protection or does it not matter at all?(of course it's gonna be sent registered)2) what if they claim that you sent them the wrong item or some bullshit like that? even if you didn't, are they gonna be able to initiate a chargeback?i'm new to selling online and i'm hearing a lot of sellers complain about paypal and their ways of solving such issues maybe i'm just paranoid..anyways thanks for your help.

Comments

• take a video clip of yourself packing the record and then going to the post office in case of chargebacks

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Registered, or EMS if you want to be certain. Honestly EMS is the only thing that paypal NEVER decides against. I've heard of people losing claims even with Registered Mail.

• ... what if they claim that you sent them the wrong item or some bullshit like that?
    even if you didn't, are they gonna be able to initiate a chargeback?

yes & it happened to me last summer - i sold an og kitty winter to japan, buyer claimed it as not arrived after 14 days although it was surface. he claimed unsent way before it should 've arrived - and after a 2nd record that i sent to japan the same day arrived at the satisfied buyer the other one never took back his chrgeback.

record is gone and never came back naturally, over $300 was taken from my paypal account and never refunded since i had no registerd mail invoice...

from this day on i only send registered. this videoclip idea is very clever indeed.

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
    yeah i was definitely going to send it registered for the exact reason you just described.

but what if they get the record and then claim you sent the wrong item? then your receipt isn't going to be worth shit..

and what about accepting private offers on an item that's listed on discogs?
    it's tempting because i could save their selling fee but would that change anything
    regarding my protection in case there's gonna be a problem?