Conspicuously Absent (NRR)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Obama addresses the nation and 4 cops are killed in Oakland and not a peep, negative or positive, from the SS collective.........something ain't right.

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    It's hard to speak when you are holding your breath

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    There was a thread about Oakland...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    There was a thread about Oakland...

Yep....my bad.....missed it while I was at SXSW.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I'm gonna guess people are getting sick of having the same arguments about Obama over and over again too (ie Is he a communist or not??)

Nothing too newsworthy last night either, although it does seem like they've started to find the right tone for talking about the economy. Of course their tactics remain up for discussion (see above...)

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Where's the "Chavez calls Obama" an ignoramus thread?

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Have these issues been displayed on any record covers?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I'm gonna guess people are getting sick of having the same arguments about Obama over and over again too (ie Is he a communist or not??)

Nothing too newsworthy last night either, although it does seem like they've started to find the right tone for talking about the economy. Of course their tactics remain up for discussion (see above...)

Given the overall liberal slant of Soulstrut, I'm guessing there's not much to talk about. If most people support him, if not his actions, it's eally no fun because there's no debate and no ranting and raving about the cruel injustice of American politics.

Or maybe everyone realized it'll take more than 2 months to see if he's fixing things or f*cking them up.... nahhh.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    There was an Obama thread last week claiming that he is a big liar.

I asked what lies? Which killed the thread.

100 days or so into his term let's take stock.

His plan for Iraq is now exactly the same as Bush and McCains. Not one soldier will come home one day sooner because Obama is president, and 50,000 are staying.

The Bush tax cuts he railed against? Now he's keepin' em. Those big taxes he was going to impose on corporations? Ain't happening. And yes, he knew Dodd let those AIG bonuses slip through.

The White House a "lobbyist free" zone? Not any more. they're all back in, having been given "special exceptions".

Wall street is playing him like a fiddle and getting all the $$$ they ask for.

Big change.

Our enemies he was going to talk to? They don't want to talk to him unless he meets THEIR conditions.

I voted for him, wanted to like him, but he's got no cojones. If he doesn't sprout some soon we're in major trouble.

Will this save me come the Harvey Apocalypse?

I am not massively disappointed.

Perhaps I listen better than some.

The simple fact that he has changed our torture policy.
    He has said waterboarding is torture and illegal.
    That means a lot to me.

I seem to recall hearing McCain saying 100 years.
    There is no evidence that any one else would have removed so many troops so quickly.
    Of course we have not seen the test yet. When violence increases and things fall apart what will he do? I don't know.

His appointments are far cleaner and more competent than past appointments.
    That there has been a lot of news of taxes and connections to lobbyists is the result of those things which were not looked at before being looked at now.
    That said, I don't like Geitner and Summers any better than I liked Paulson.

He has said he wants the Bush tax cuts to expire next year, which is in line with his campaign promises. He is still on track for the middle class tax cut and campaigned on.
    I would like to hear him talk about a new tax bracket, perhaps over 2mil, that is heavily taxed. But since he never mentioned anything like that before it would be foolish to expect it now.

As for Wall Street playing him, no surprise, he never mentioned any anti-Wall Street policies when he was running.

Clinton has already proved herself to be a more proactive Sec o' State than the previous 2. He never promised that people would want to talk to him.

If anyone knows of actual lies I'd like to hear them.

So far is all I have heard is a bunch of whiners who thought he was anti-war and anti-bigbusiness because they only heard what they wanted and not what he said.
    These are same people who don't understand the roles of 3 branches of government.